Weird Cultural Differences

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionWeird Cultural Differences

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 264 total)
  • Author
    Participant

omg… the super long pinky nails. where i’m from, people normally keep their pinky nails longer to sniff crack. >__> here it’s good luck or for nose picking…

Keymaster
    Quote:
    omg… the super long pinky nails. where i’m from, people normally keep their pinky nails longer to sniff crack. >__> here it’s good luck or for nose picking…

The pinky nail thing is so ironic. It’s done to say “Look at me, I’m not a laborer so I can grow my pinky nail out” but by even having to make that assertion you’ve already put yourself down a notch.

Keymaster
    Quote:

The pinky nail thing is so ironic. It’s done to say “Look at me, I’m not a laborer so I can grow my pinky nail out” but by even having to make that assertion you’ve already put yourself down a notch.

Participant

@iameric..

Explanations

– couple sit on the same side of the table instead of sitting across from each other to talk

Explanation: Hand-job friendly seating arrangement.

– longjohns are popular

Explanation: Popular in Canada too.

– people give each other apples on christmas eve

Explanation: They can’t afford dentists, and consider this a way to give the gift of healthy gums.

– all the dudes hold the purses

Explanation: They’re not holding someone else’s purse. Have you seen most of the local dudes? Those purses belong to them son!

– that spitting…

Explanation: There’s little option when you’ve still got little bits of bone shard rammed between your teeth due to the chopping method of almost every type of animal, ever eaten ‘sliced chicken’ and NOT had little bits of bone shard ram between your teeth? You’ve got to eat like a paranoid schitzo to avoid it.

– people freaking out at you when you clean up your own mess at mcdonalds

Explanation: They were hoping to collect up the paper/wrappings for recycling refund.

– gyms open at 10am (so late…)

Explanation: Only people with money work out. People with money rarely get up before 9.

– elevators have different functions at different times of the day

Explanation: This is the only way to stagger the influx/outflux of people during rush-hour. We live in a populous nation!

– Starbucks has practically no syrup (i want my fancy drinks!!!)

Explanation: They have syrup, you’re just not white enough to be granted the oh-so-coveted foreign coffee syrup access, it IS imported you know.

– the coffee line is during lunch, not the morning

Explanation: Most employees don’t have time to take showers in the morning, you think they have time to wait for coffee?

Participant

@iameric..

Explanations

– couple sit on the same side of the table instead of sitting across from each other to talk

Explanation: Hand-job friendly seating arrangement.

– longjohns are popular

Explanation: Popular in Canada too.

– people give each other apples on christmas eve

Explanation: They can’t afford dentists, and consider this a way to give the gift of healthy gums.

– all the dudes hold the purses

Explanation: They’re not holding someone else’s purse. Have you seen most of the local dudes? Those purses belong to them son!

– that spitting…

Explanation: There’s little option when you’ve still got little bits of bone shard rammed between your teeth due to the chopping method of almost every type of animal, ever eaten ‘sliced chicken’ and NOT had little bits of bone shard ram between your teeth? You’ve got to eat like a paranoid schitzo to avoid it.

– people freaking out at you when you clean up your own mess at mcdonalds

Explanation: They were hoping to collect up the paper/wrappings for recycling refund.

– gyms open at 10am (so late…)

Explanation: Only people with money work out. People with money rarely get up before 9.

– elevators have different functions at different times of the day

Explanation: This is the only way to stagger the influx/outflux of people during rush-hour. We live in a populous nation!

– Starbucks has practically no syrup (i want my fancy drinks!!!)

Explanation: They have syrup, you’re just not white enough to be granted the oh-so-coveted foreign coffee syrup access, it IS imported you know.

– the coffee line is during lunch, not the morning

Explanation: Most employees don’t have time to take showers in the morning, you think they have time to wait for coffee?

Participant

– Constantly making insightful comments about my groceries (“Look, the laowai eats tomatoes!”)

– Coughing and sneezing without covering mouth

– Lighting a cigarette just before getting on the elevator, but not yet smoking it out of courtesy until they’ve gotten off

– Pairing bright pink sweaters with red plaid pants or any other combination that looks like a rainbow vomited

– Fishballs in lukewarm liquid sitting for days in Hongqi

– Cats on strings

Participant

– Constantly making insightful comments about my groceries (“Look, the laowai eats tomatoes!”)

– Coughing and sneezing without covering mouth

– Lighting a cigarette just before getting on the elevator, but not yet smoking it out of courtesy until they’ve gotten off

– Pairing bright pink sweaters with red plaid pants or any other combination that looks like a rainbow vomited

– Fishballs in lukewarm liquid sitting for days in Hongqi

– Cats on strings

Participant

Granny panties on 10’s!!

*Drops mic and walks away*

Participant

Granny panties on 10’s!!

*Drops mic and walks away*

Participant

@JerryS

Your illusion of 10s is likely excluding the peasantry factor.

The girls may be ‘potential 10s’, or cute and fit when made up, or your reference points from spaghetti and ketchup trash back home leads you to believe the ‘exotics’ in short-shorts = 10s ;), but:

There is a huge socioeconomic gap here. There is also a lot of huge gaps in terms of taste & class. Many women here appear to have the potential to be 10s, even ‘educated’ ones from wealthy families, but there are major factors holding them back. Mis-guided materialism and expectation, lack of mannerism or ability to genuinely interact with other humans, inability to understand the importance of shaving or at a minimal at least tidying ‘it’ up – it’s amazing how some hairless animals end up with an oasis more like a carniferous forest down on their desert plane – and of course things like granny panties or what I call “Yan Shi Kou” fashion sense.

If you want to truly mold one of those peasants into a queen, it’ll take a lot of work, and wont likely end up with a very good ROI.

Participant

@JerryS

Your illusion of 10s is likely excluding the peasantry factor.

The girls may be ‘potential 10s’, or cute and fit when made up, or your reference points from spaghetti and ketchup trash back home leads you to believe the ‘exotics’ in short-shorts = 10s ;), but:

There is a huge socioeconomic gap here. There is also a lot of huge gaps in terms of taste & class. Many women here appear to have the potential to be 10s, even ‘educated’ ones from wealthy families, but there are major factors holding them back. Mis-guided materialism and expectation, lack of mannerism or ability to genuinely interact with other humans, inability to understand the importance of shaving or at a minimal at least tidying ‘it’ up – it’s amazing how some hairless animals end up with an oasis more like a carniferous forest down on their desert plane – and of course things like granny panties or what I call “Yan Shi Kou” fashion sense.

If you want to truly mold one of those peasants into a queen, it’ll take a lot of work, and wont likely end up with a very good ROI.

Participant

@Rick: harsh.

Participant

@Rick: harsh.

Participant

@Ray Not all, just intended to point out that there may seem to be many more ’10s’ than there really are, just the perceived 10s who may ‘shockingly’ wear granny panties!

Participant

@Ray Not all, just intended to point out that there may seem to be many more ’10s’ than there really are, just the perceived 10s who may ‘shockingly’ wear granny panties!

Participant

If only i could find a bathroom cleanser as strong as those words..get rid of that stubborn shower scum…..

Participant

If only i could find a bathroom cleanser as strong as those words..get rid of that stubborn shower scum…..

Participant

@Rick, well see you are going deep into it. Looks are first reaction to many things. Thinking beyond eye candy is a waste of synapse to the brain. Sure i can say; ‘hmmm, she COULD BE A 10, but what his holding her back? Granny panties is a sign of being poor or having poor tastes, soo that drops her to a 9.87284899288abc.’

But my thinking was.. eww granny panties, wtf? See, simple.

Participant

@Rick, well see you are going deep into it. Looks are first reaction to many things. Thinking beyond eye candy is a waste of synapse to the brain. Sure i can say; ‘hmmm, she COULD BE A 10, but what his holding her back? Granny panties is a sign of being poor or having poor tastes, soo that drops her to a 9.87284899288abc.’

But my thinking was.. eww granny panties, wtf? See, simple.

Participant

Some foreign fashion victims here too. At panda last sautrday night Danielle and I were entranced by a foreign guy, shaking his thing. Cat was wearing stone wash jeans, circa 1988. Each to his own right? But these stone wash strides were just a wee bit too tight, a wee bit too short. We have christened this guy “Stonewash”…highlight of my night.

Speaking of kitchen cleanser, i use imported Cif…for the sake of manliness, maybe we shouldn’t go there….

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 264 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.