Went to the Sichuan Tower of China…

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionWent to the Sichuan Tower of China…

• This topic has 7 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Avatar photoLiam.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

…and it was pretty solid. I took a date for dinner and it’s a buffet-style revolving restaurant with a lot of options. Seafood, sushi/sashimi, BBQ, various fried foods, soups, noodle bowls cooked to order, dessert, etc. Dinner included bottomless Tumborg beers and red wine, two tickets for small hard-shelled crab (waitress told me I shouldn’t mix with beer, pffft), and Haagendaz ice cream. The restaurant itself is pretty nice, just try to get a window seat on a clear evening. We didn’t have either of those but no complaints.

After dinner, walk a couple of flights of stairs up to the observation deck for some impressive views. There are 4 different glass-bottomed platforms offering up a different section of the city. Nobody hurried us out at closing, so don’t feel rushed to leave once people start clearing out. Tickets ran me just under 300RMB/ea. Let’s see if I can attach a crappy pic from my phone…regret not taking the camera!

Participant

Return on Investment? Sorry, don’t answer that….

Keymaster

This is in the TV tower? I had no idea there was a restaurant in there. The view must be cool from up there.

Participant

@Ray – Haha 😉

@Charlie
    – Yeah, I had been asking around and nobody had any idea. The views were great but maybe even better on a clear sunny day. I think the restaurant was only open from 6-9pm though.

Participant

Sounds like a good experience — looking forward to some crappy phone pics 😀

Participant

Here we go…seems there’s a problem with attachments via Chrome.

/edit – what’s the file size limit? These are less than 1.5mb

Keymaster

Here we go…seems there’s a problem with attachments via Chrome. /edit – what’s the file size limit? These are less than 1.5mb

The attachments feature works, the limit is 1mb per JPG.

Participant

This is in the TV tower? I had no idea there was a restaurant in there. The view must be cool from up there.

Yeah, they just opened it early this year. I’ve been told it was part of the original plan for the building but for some reason it just never got finished, although I have no proof this is true.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.