Seeking Western Woman for 1-Day Video Shoot

HomeForumsIn ChengduSeeking Western Woman for 1-Day Video Shoot

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

A friend of mine who works at a large Chinese office developer is looking for a western woman for a 1 day video shoot. As to be expected they want someone that is good looking and there is no need for that person to speak Chinese.

The video will be shot either at the end of this month or the beginning of May. No exact time has been decided and I’m sure it won’t be until the last minute.

They will film you around their new office project in the Hi-Tech Zone. Most likely will be filming things like pressing elevator buttons, remarking how nice the carpets are and the like. This is non paid work, which means that you will not be receiving any money whatsoever. The video will be put on Chinese sites like Youku and, if all goes well, this will launch your acting career and you can become a regular on CCTV shows.

If interested just send me a pm and I will give you the contact of my friend. He will probably ask you to provide a photo and want to give you a quick call.

Participant

No pay for being shunted around an office all day pointing at meaningless features and tasteless artefacts….. Sounds awesome….. Even the shabbiest of Chinese video crews normally pays an hourly rate…. What kind of deal is this? Presumably they don’t actually want anyone to respond? Suppose I could put my kilt on for a laugh??? But my legs may put them off…..

Participant

Not to mention, there is no set date, and “won’t be until the last minute”, filming at the whim of a bunch of tech doofi down in the least accessible area of the city?

No pay for that? Ladies, big time caveat here. The exploitations of lao wai are becoming more brazen than ever before!

The “launch your acting career” line is the funniest part. Monkey around in startup promo video + youku = regular on CCTV. Haw haw.

Keymaster

Yeah, this is a waste of time. Don’t do these gigs unless they pay. The suggestion that this will lead to an acting career is absurd.

Participant

On the other hand may be the purpose of this ad is not to really shoot a video.

I think that having a database of good looking girls willing to work for free can be sometimes invaluable.

Participant

Hello, I am deeply interested in this fantastic opportunity to get my acting career of to an elevated start. I live near the hi-tech zone so location is of no problem for me. Also the time, although not set will have no conflict with my current modelling schedule.

the only problem is that i dont completely fit the description.at the moment i look like this but i believe with the right makeup team behind me i could look like this.

because normally i dont accept this kind of work i would have to ask for double the payment offered by your company

I look forward to your reply

Participant

I think that having a database of good looking girls willing to work for free can be sometimes invaluable.

HAHA! This.

Except more explicitly: having a database of attractive foreign women who are willing to be filmed and perform whatever instruction given without pay, all with the empty promise of launching an acting career, is invaluable!

Desperate actresses/actors are probably one of the easiest groups to take advantage of, though, that’s precisely why Scientology took off in Hollywood 😀

Keymaster

Hello, I am deeply interested in this fantastic opportunity to get my acting career of to an elevated start. I live near the hi-tech zone so location is of no problem for me. Also the time, although not set will have no conflict with my current modelling schedule. the only problem is that i dont completely fit the description.at the moment i look like this but i believe with the right makeup team behind me i could look like this. because normally i dont accept this kind of work i would have to ask for double the payment offered by your company I look forward to your reply

Hahaha! You do kind of look like that Harry Potter guy. I think you would be perfect for this gig.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.