Would I have possibility to get a job in Chengdu?

HomeForumsClassifiedsJobs & Apartment RentalsWould I have possibility to get a job in Chengdu?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello my name is linda, im 22 years old from indonesia

Im Not graduated yet from university, end of next year i will do my final essay. And now my university give me permission work abroad 1 year . I have 2 years teaching experience as a private teacher . And exactly i know how too manage students with different character . I really hope can have possibility to work in chengdu. Bcause this is my dreams and i really interested about chinese culture and panda exactly ..

Keymaster

As far as I know, you won’t be able to work legally in Chengdu unless you are from a native-English speaking country. If your English is good enough you might still be able to find a job here, but you will be taking a risk, and recently it seems that China is a lot harder in visa violations. We recorded a podcast recently with an American who was teaching English on an incorrect visa type and was imprisoned for a month… consider carefully! Good luck.

Participant

Ya i know . Im not in china yet . I want get a job first and get a work visa . And then i can go there . I want work legally

Keymaster

Well, it won’t be easy if you’re not coming from a “native-English speaking” country. However, you can give it a shot by visiting Chengdu for a short period. Bring your certificates and make sure your experience counts in China.

Have got to agree to @charlie’s comment; be careful before signing a contract with schools here. Paperwork required/set of rules for obtaining work permit has changed as well.

“I want get a job first and get a work visa . And then i can go there”

Again, it won’t be easy if you aren’t a native-English speaker focusing on a teaching career. Visit sites like lagou.com, zhipin.com if you’re willing to consider a different career path. Look at internship options as well.

All the best!

Participant

Ah thank you for your advice.

It’s so help me

Thank you so much

Participant

I think it would be better to look for work in a firm here from Indonesia in a different line of work , they will be more likely to obtain a valid work permit for you. You can only legally earn money with a work permit and work residence permit. So don’t sign contracts with schools or English centers that say you can earn money while doing an internship on a student visa and get paid.

Participant

Yes I know,  it’s so difficult haha

Participant

It will be easier to look for teaching work outside of Chengdu in the rural areas i think.

Participant

Hmm. . I see

How about work in the company?

Participant

If the company is a WFOE in China then they don’t have as much requirements as a local company to employ foreigners.

You will still need the basics :

Highest education paper

No criminal Record paper

Health certificate.

Proof of 2 years work experience

Take note they might be asked for a valid reason to employ you over a Chinese national and this is a gamble it is not a guarantee.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Jobs & Apartment Rentals’ is closed to new topics and replies.