July 1st China Visa Changes?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionJuly 1st China Visa Changes?

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    Participant

@Max66

I’m never really “worried”, getting used to the constant challenges though 😀 Before, challenges were ALL self imposed and expensive — shit like climbing Kilimanjaro and learning to fly a R-22, now, challenges are all externally inflicted and equally expensive 😀

Participant

@rick in china – You’re right…just had to vent. Something tells me that even if I jump through the latest hoops, they’ll find even more for me. I’ve already reached out to a former recruiter to see about getting me in to a less desirable province.   :\

Participant

@WoodWERD

It’s not really “hoops”, but laws – and the fault isn’t with the law or the process, but how it was explained to you….. quite frankly, they probably have a newbie or intern recruiter communicating with you who doesn’t know the process so fluently and they likely said you need X Y Z to get your visa processed, and in the end, the problem wasn’t with the legal change or what you provided – but with what was communicated to you that you NEED to provide. They probably said you need a health cert, you went to get one from what in your country is qualified to provide, but when submitting to the authorities here…was insufficient, and they are probably thinking “shit, we’re going to either lose a potential teacher (or whatever) or have to explain a reason why our process failed”….it’s a lose-lose, why? Communication problems. If you plan to come to China for your first time, no matter what school or organization you come with, you’ll experience a LOT of these….so if having to get a health cert from a different type of organization dissuedes you from coming over, I’d wager you’re likely a very, very short term candidate for living abroad and should consider going back to McDonalds or whatever 😀

No offense with the last sentence, point was, that’s a terribly small issue and you’ve got to toughen up if you want to live & travel abroad, which ultimately in my experience is WELL worth the effort of overcoming obstacles presented in minor processing issues.

Participant

@rick in china – No offense taken, and you’re right on all accounts. It doesn’t dissuade me at all, as I mentioned I’m going to look at other provinces that might not be so strict. Like you said, I’ve suspected that the administrators I’m dealing with are clueless and unfortunately it’s put me in a bind time-wise. At the end of the day I’ll get it figured out one way or another – litte things cannot phase me anymore. Best of luck to you and your situation.

Participant

So strange. My company keeps telling me that I will not encounter any difficulties while applying for a new visa in HK, since their HR went for a governmental meeting. But reading all these comments I`m getting doubted.

So in order to work in CHina like before (on F visa), new M visa is needed? What ar ethe requirements and for how long is it valid?

Participant

To *WORK* in China, you require a Z or R visa. If you read the law, it says very clearly that unless you’re on a Z or R visa — or have applied and received permission to work part time while on a student visa, you’re in breach of the law.

Article 40. In the following circumstances, an alien will be deemed to be illegally employed:
    (1) Working in China without a valid work permit and work residence certificate, unless exempted by regulation;
    (2) Working outside of the geographic area to which one’s work permit is restricted;
    (3) Not working at the work unit to which one’s work permit is restricted;
    (4) Overseas students working in China beyond the scope of the position or time peirod authorized.
    (5) A Z2 visa holder working beyond the scope approved by the managing department.

Article 41. If the alien, without a valid work permit and work residence certificate, has a de facto labor relationship with a work unit, even if no labor contract has been signed, it will be deemed illegal employment.

Participant

@Slavsky

Working in China on an F Visa is not legal so we would have to assume that working in China on an M Visa will also not be legal. If you are in China for anything more than a very short assignment you will need a Z visa.

If your company continue you push you to go for a business visa and work in China then i would make it very clear to them that they are responsible for the outcome. As far as i know you will have one warning before being fined and any profits (extra tax) confiscated.

The problem will be switching to a Z visa after being on a F for sometime. I guess i would just try and jump onto the new M Visa and worry about it all later, but it sounds like your company are bending the rules to suit themselves.

Participant

Morning Rick!

Participant

Morning!

BTW my HR went to PSB to pick up my passport Friday, they told her they don’t know anything about what’s going on or able to be processed yet and need to wait maybe next week can provide more information….haha, hilarious.

Participant

Interesting downloadable article from the KPMG website. Pretty much clarifies everything. They mention that its a HR headache. If your company insist that you continue on an M visa I would point them towards this article.

http://www.kpmg.com/global/en/issuesandinsights/articlespublications/taxnewsflash/pages/china-possible-changes-visa-requirements-foreign-individuals.aspx

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.