Where to See the NFL in Chengdu?

HomeForumsIn ChengduWhere to See the NFL in Chengdu?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I am looking for a bar or hotel that takes the NFL seriously.  Where are the best sports venues to watch NFL Games.  Shamrock sucks so does Moonies.  Any other suggestions?

Keymaster

The best place to go, I think without question, is The Clubhouse. It’s right next to Hakka Homes atop the SOHO Feicheng building in the South of Chengdu, near Kehua Bei Lu. They show specific games and Redzone and you can usually see them post information about what games are going on here.

Participant

Thanks for the suggestion Charlie, but this place is not even open Monday – Wednesday.  They don’t even have a website.

I want a place that is open all the time and shows ASN2 replays of the games Monday through Thursday – afternoons and evenings.  And they have to have good WiFi and reasonably priced beer.

There has to be someone who who wants my business.

Keymaster

I’m pretty sure that does not exist. NFL is not a widely-viewed sport here, and aside from the Clubhouse I don’t know of anything in Chengdu that could be considered a sports bar in the American sense. As an NFL fan though I would love to be proven wrong here.

Participant

The Holiday Inn, at the top of the hotel, is the round room or whatever. They have the games and they have everything you need. The hotels dude, they are the ones to look for. The Shangri La might have something for you as well.

Participant

I hear the Chevron boys have started their own NFL Bar near the US embassy called Local. Non stop NFL.  Will check it out and report later.

Also, for those needing an NFL fix, if you have a vpn, login in Europe then go to NFL.com, you can see 100 or more current highlight films free.  I will see about games later.

There is hope for NFL junkies.

B2S

Participant

Hi borntosail,

You are correct that we aren’t quite the perfect NFL bar and hopefully that can change in the future. We were quite honest on this forum, when we started showing NFL that we were happy to adjust to what the audience wanted and that seemed to be Redzone and live Sunday football.

As three soccer loving Europeans the American sport has been a bit new to us. Although only open four days at the moment we do hope to change that. We are a new bar and building up activities to fill up days,

At present what we do offer weekly is that we show the Thursday night football replay at 8.30pm on a Friday night. It’s preceded by a NCAA game from the previous weekend. On a Sunday we have NCAA replays followed by Redzone and live action.

We are actually really looking forward to the Saturday play off games and plan to host parties round them.

We have the channels to show all the games (live or on replay) so it’s really just a case of whether enough people want to watch the replays. If people tell us that a bunch of folk will come we will open.

Also, with our NFL network package we can put any game on at any time on demand within our opening hours. If anyone wants to see a specific game they can just contact us through wechat (id – theclubhouse) and we can work out a time.

Regards

Amateur GridIron Fans

Keymaster

I hear the Chevron boys have started their own NFL Bar near the US embassy called Local. Non stop NFL. Will check it out and report later. Also, for those needing an NFL fix, if you have a vpn, login in Europe then go to NFL.com, you can see 100 or more current highlight films free. I will see about games later. There is hope for NFL junkies. B2S

That sounds amazing. Do you have an address for this place?

Participant

Ok,  I got bad information.  There is no Chevron bar.  The best place for live NFL is the Clubhouse. Sunday night.

Sorry about the confusion.  Good to have a forum that can verify information.

B2S

Participant

Just a heads up that we will be replaying the Thanksgiving fixtures back to back from 6pm tomorrow night. An ideal chance to work off a meat hangover with a few beers.

Participant

Busy week of football at The Clubhouse.

1/1 18.00 Peach Bowl – Ole Miss v TCU
    1/1 20.30 Fiesta Bowl – Boise State v Arizona
    1/1 00.00 Orange Bowl – Mississippi State v Georgia Tech

1/2 18.00 Rose Bowl – Florida State v Oregon
    1/2 20.30 Sugar Bowl – Alabama v Ohio State

1/4 20.00 Wild Card – Cardinals @ Panthers
    1/4 23.00 Wild Card – Ravens @ Steelers
    1/4 02.00 Wild Card – Bengals @ Colts

Come join us for the games. All Draft beer 30RMB and many other seasonal offers.

Participant

How about Lions-Cowboys? Either way, will likely be there at some point tomorrow.

Participant

Clubhouse, are you guys showing the NCAA championship tomorrow morning?

Participant

Hey! It seems like this hasn’t been answered yet, so does anyone know a place that will be showing the Patriots game live (7:30 am or so) this Monday morning. I don’t mind if it’s a sports bar or some shushu’s basement, I’m just trying to get Pats fix and I don’t have any sports channels in my apartment. If anyone has any ideas thank you!

Participant

Clubhouse is probably your best bet, but I can’t say whether they open in the mornings on a consistent basis. I ended up attempting to stream the NCAA game via firstrowusa.eu or something to that effect. If you have a decent internet connection you should be ok.

Participant

Except for baseball (got an mlb.tv subscription) I watch all my sports on first row. The URL is constantly changing but I just type firstr… into my bar at the top and it autocorrects to http://www.firstrowsports.eu which then forwards me to the most updated one.

firstrow is usually your best bet, and doesn’t need any kind of VPN connection or anything. If your connection is real strong, you can watch stuff on a VPN on ESPN3 but it’s a crapshoot about whether you’ll have a better picture than on firstrow

Participant

Thanks guys! Yeah I’ve normally used firstrow but I’ve always used a VPN because the video played sometimes didn’t load without it, but I’ll for sure try it again. I have the fastest Telecom connection but I still have issues with streams being slow a lot

Participant

We just want to make everyone aware that we will be showing the Superbowl live on Monday 2nd February. Breakfast, Bloody Mary’s and Coffee (Irish and normal) will be available amongst other things. We will post an update soon with more details.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.