Who Pays the Apartment Maintenance Fee?

HomeForumsClassifiedsJobs & Apartment RentalsWho Pays the Apartment Maintenance Fee?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello Everyone,

I have lived in China for 2 years, in Beijing, Shanghai and Hangzhou. In all those cities, landlord pays the maintenance fees. In Beijing, even heating is paid by landlord.
    Here in Chengdu, my landlord is trying to convince me that I have to pay maintenance fee (200 RMB/month). It’s not written in the contract and the agent is on landlord side.

Do I really have to pay maintenance fee?

Thanks in advance for your respond.

Regards,
    Nick

Participant

You have answered this yourself. “It’s not written in the contract”, end of story.

Participant

Everywhere I’ve lived the tenant should pay. It’s just like another bill like water, gas, electricity. It pays for the security guards, cleaning and trash, which are services you are using when you live there.

Participant

Tenant, but you should pay direct to the building company

Keymaster

Everywhere I’ve lived the tenant should pay. It’s just like another bill like water, gas, electricity. It pays for the security guards, cleaning and trash, which are services you are using when you live there.

Yeah, basically this. Sometimes you can get “all inclusive” apartments which include a fixed cost for all utilities, but generally tenants will pay this.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Jobs & Apartment Rentals’ is closed to new topics and replies.