Is 5,000 RMB a Fair Wage?

HomeForumsIn ChengduIs 5,000 RMB a Fair Wage?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi guys! I have got a job in Chengdu with a company for 5000, and they give support for accommodation and help. Is it a fair deal? What do you think? Am from the Middle East by the way!

Keymaster

It’s hard to say without knowing more information about your background, what the job is, what the hours are, etc.

Participant

I will work as an International Business Representative for a company. I have a masters degree from the University of Hong Kong. As for the hours..am not quite sure yet..I asked them about it and I am waiting for their reply.

Participant

Depends on where you graduated from and your working experience but i think you should try to find a better job.

Participant

Sounds like a low ball number to me unless your only working part-time or less..

Keymaster

I concur with the above. That is a low wage for someone with your academic credentials. Without knowing details like what the company is or responsibilities are, I would suggest negotiating for double what they are offering, at least.

Participant

If you’re Chinese, that’s a fair wage. If you’re a foreigner then no, you should be making at least double that for full time office work.

Participant

I’m a bachelor degree from southeast asia and i got a job offer as an billing collection in a company, the wage is about 7000RMB per month and give me one time relocation a.  Is it fair enough? What do u think guys?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.