Working on a family visa possible or not?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionWorking on a family visa possible or not?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi guys,

My wife and I recently moved to Chengdu because she got a job here as a teacher. (surprise!) 😛

Now my question is if any of you can tell me how I should handle this situation because If I can’t work here I’ll go crazy…

Thanks for your help!

Participant

If you wanna work, just go do it, that’s how you handle it. Just be careful because technically it’s illegal for you if you do not have the work visa.
    If you want to get a legal job with the correct visa, you will have to do what your wife did. simple.

Good luck.

Participant

Don’t they ask you what visa you’re on and stuff, surely it can’t be that easy…

Participant

Easy Peasy. TIC, my man.

Participant

@ BDecks – Possible, yes. Legal no. If you get caught you can end up with a fine up to 100,000 RMB plus the value of your earnings along with imprisonment and repatriation for a repeat offence. Anybody could potentially report you. If you work illegally then don’t be surprised if you don’t get paid because there is nothing you can do about it.

Participant

Employers who are licensed to employ foreigners will check visa’s etc. Those who are not licensed probably wont.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.