Xiaomi 4 Opinions?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionXiaomi 4 Opinions?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’m in the hunt for a new cell phone, so looking to pick up that new Xiaomi 4. The reviews are generally pretty favorable, but I was throwing this post up to see if anyone here as already purchased it and, if so, what their experience has been. Also, apparently you can only buy it at the Xiaomi website on Tuesdays, which helps them cut down on the phone’s cost of course, but is this a big pain in the ass to do? Should I hire out a Chinese smurf to just barrage the website on early Tuesday morning, or is this something I can do myself without too much trouble? Thanks in advance for your help.

Participant

Xiaomi official website buy it, is the most reliable

Advance booking

Tuesday 2/9 am.12 , panic buying

not every Tuesday, mi.com often a few months once panic buying.

Participant

I just saw a Xiaomi store in Tongzilin, across the street and North a bit from the Carrefour there. You could go there and check it out, although from prior experience trying to buy the 3 they probably won’t have the 4 for a few months at least.

So your best option might be smurfing it…

Keymaster

I would check Taobao if you haven’t already. Speaking to vendors on there in Chengdu will be an easy way to speak to someone knowledgeable about this who is local.

Participant
    Participant

Went with a Mi3 as specs were similar and I couldn’t wait. Solid phone but beware of buying from China Mobile (maybe Unicom too?) as it seems they throw some custom software on there that has been frustrating. Android won’t update on stock software, problems flashing another ROM, bloatware, etc.

/edit – And it seems a lot of people end up with fakes according to the forums I’ve been reading.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.