Introducing Chengdu Places
When I first arrived in Chengdu seven years ago almost nothing came easily. Maps and menus were in Chinese, virtually no information was available online, and everything seemed to require speaking Chinese. It took years to explore each corner of Chengdu, but now so much information is accessible online within seconds. Chengdu Living is one of the projects that helped me learn about Chengdu, as well as pass that knowledge on to you, the Reader.
Some quick numbers on Chengdu Living:
- 200+ posts published comprising 200,000+ words (equivalent to several average novels in length)
- 10,000+ Chengdu Forum posts authored by thousands of members
Now we’ve decided to take it a bit further. We’re launching a new project that we’ve been working on for months, called Chengdu Places.
The Idea Behind Chengdu Places
Over the last year I’ve noticed a clear trend in the Chengdu Forum: people want to find and share information about places in the city. Some recent examples:
- Where Can I Find Steak in Chengdu?
- Review of Pizza Mandolino in Chengdu
- Where Can I Go Rock Climbing?
What Makes Chengdu Places Different
From the beginning the idea was not to create a listing of each and every location in Chengdu, but to create a very high quality listing of the places in Chengdu that everyone should know about.
We didn’t want to create or manage a listing of thousands of locations because Chengdu simply doesn’t have that many locations that are relevant to the average person. However, if you’re looking for a great coffee shop, Chengdu’s must-see temples, or other places of interest within proximity to you, Chengdu Places is made exactly for these things.
- Browse by type or city quadrant to find new places of interest to you
- Each place listing includes photographs, description, and a Google map so you have all the info you need
- Search by keyword to locate places by name, or just search for keywords like “coffee” to return coffee shops
- Leave feedback on places to share your thoughts with the community
- Suggest new places to be added to Chengdu Places to share your findings with others
Check It Out
At launch Chengdu Places is beginning with 52 published places across the city, with more to be added on a regular basis. You can browse the Quick Guide to Chengdu Places or go directly to the site by clicking the button below:Go to Chengdu Places