In this episode of the podcast Charlie sits down with Natooke Bicycle Shop gurus Larry and Jacob (for the first time since their last podcast two years ago) to talk about Chengdu’s shared bikes programs. Over the last six months in particular Chengdu has seen shared bicycles come to fill the streets and sidewalks of the city as companies compete in the traffic space.
In our conversation, we talk about:
- The 2014 inception of China’s shared bikes
- Introduction to the technology behind bike sharing
- Comparison of China versus overseas programs
- The potential effects of bike sharing on Natooke
- Bike sharing as an introducing to cycling for Chinese
- Design & engineering of shared bicycles
- Maintaining thousands of bikes in a large city
- Investment & economic viability of bike sharing
- Bike sharing as an inroad to the bicycle lifestyle
Download & Stream Links
Or click below to listen to the podcast now through your browser.
You can also search for the podcast in your favorite podcasting app (ours is Overcast, which we highly recommend for iPhone users).
Links & Info
- Natooke Chengdu website
- Mobike official website
- China Bike Sharing Report: March 2017 on China Channel
- Follow Natooke Chengdu on WeChat by searching for “CustomBicycles”