5 free tickets to DJ Tomu at Xiong Mao tomorrow!

HomeForumsIn Chengdu5 free tickets to DJ Tomu at Xiong Mao tomorrow!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

DJ Tomu, a turntablist from Tokyo (who later relocated to NYC) is performing at Xiong Mao tomorrow!

I’ve communicated with this guy a little bit on Weibo and I’ve been looking forward to this show for a while. Aside from DJ Shadow earlier this month, Chengdu hasn’t really hosted any skilled hip hop DJs in years and this guy is a very promising booking. So I have 5 free tickets to give away, first come first serve, all you have to do is post here that you’re down and I will meet you at the venue and get you in. The night is open bar so there’s a good chance that these tickets will include free drinks as well, we’ll just have to find out. If they don’t, 7-11 is right across the street from the club ; )

tomu.jpg

tomu2.jpg

tomu3.jpg

Tomu has an official website with more info right here: DJ Tomu Official Website

Looking forward to this!

Participant

This looks sick, count me in!

Sign me up son!

Participant

I’ll be dat!

Participant

Funny that he is playing with Boys Noize wannabe “Liman” count me in.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Funny that he is playing with Boys Noize wannabe “Liman” count me in.

What do you mean Boyz Noize wannabe? I’ve never seen “Liman” before, heard his name mentioned before.

in in in

Participant

seems like i lost the chance

Participant

i’m the fifth one

Keymaster
    Quote:
    i’m the fifth one

You’re the 6th by my count!

1 – Justin

2- Jovian

3 – Rachel

4 – Elias

5 – Ziich

Sorry 🙁

If I can get more tickets I will give you one.

Participant

Boys Noize is a poppy electro-noize-cheese outfit from Ed Banger records. I saw Liman at the old panda club and dig his glowstick crown.

Keymaster

I seen photos of him on Weibo dancing atop the DJ booth tabletop wearing a wig and sunglasses. He seems like the exact opposite of the black shirt black glasses Beijing techno DJs. Good for him, at least he’s up there having fun.

Participant

he pours vodka for the crowd like steve aiko. i got some at the last show. w00t.

Participant

How much are tix if we pay cover?

Keymaster
    Quote:
    How much are tix if we pay cover?

100 yuan with open bar from 9pm-2am

Keymaster

DJ Liman ended up stealing the show. That was a surprise. Great night though, good crowd and Liman got it going.

Photos are on the CL blog post right here: Photos: Costumed DJ Liman Excites Chengdu

forum-img.jpg

Liman def put on a great show. He just had tons of energy.

When we first got there I was pretty hyped to hear some hiphop, but that never seems to last long before the endless electro begins. Then there was that one guy that got too carried away with the beat juggling.

Just hoping xiong mao doesn’t turn into Jersey Shore…

Keymaster
    Quote:
    When we first got there I was pretty hyped to hear some hiphop, but that never seems to last long before the endless electro begins. Then there was that one guy that got too carried away with the beat juggling.

I thought Tomu was headlining but apparently he was the opener and finished up around 10:30-11pm. It’ll probably be very seldom that you hear hip hop at Xiong Mao, generally speaking. I do want to do a hip hop monthly there though…

Quote:
    It’ll probably be very seldom that you hear hip hop at Xiong Mao, generally speaking. I do want to do a hip hop monthly there though…

Push for it! Hiphop and house! Imagine a regular night where the bboys of Chengdu (I haven’t seen them, but I’m sure they exist) and other dancers come out for a real dance party. Kind of like Modern Thursdays back in DC. I’m all for jumping up and down with my hands up in the air as much the next Chinese guy, but this would be really fun and unique if it were to take off.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Push for it! Hiphop and house! Imagine a regular night where the bboys of Chengdu (I haven’t seen them, but I’m sure they exist) and other dancers come out for a real dance party. Kind of like Modern Thursdays back in DC. I’m all for jumping up and down with my hands up in the air as much the next Chinese guy, but this would be really fun and unique if it were to take off.

There are actually a whole bunch of bboys in Chengdu. I’ll inquire about this event and see where it goes.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.