Chengdu Entrepreneurship Meet Up 5/21

HomeForumsIn ChengduChengdu Entrepreneurship Meet Up 5/21

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

This month’s theme: “Product Development”

Including presentation by the Natooke guys, idea pitches, Q&A and networking.

Free entry, starts 7pm @ The Beer Nest.

This is a free event held every 3th Wednesday of the month. Signup for our meet up if your interested in receiving updates: http://www.meetup.com/Chengdu-Entrepreneurship-Meetup/

Come on out and hear the stories of trailblazing and building businesses in Chengdu!

Chengdu Entrepreneurship Meet up May 2014

Participant

We look forward to giving this presentation!  Hopefully we have a few tips and pointers for those out there that have a good idea they’re hoping to bring into reality.

That and you’ll get to see a couple of cool designs we’ve cooked up.  Well, at least we think they’re cool.

Even if you’re not so into bikes you might find what we do interesting, especially if you are curious what it’s like working in a Chinese business environment.

Look forward to seeing you there!

Keymaster

Sounds like fun.

That and you’ll get to see a couple of cool designs we’ve cooked up. Well, at least we think they’re cool.

I’m sure they’re amazing. The bike pictured in the flyer for this is stunning. Probably my favorite Natooke bike that I’ve seen.

Participant

I have owned three bamboo frames so far, all built by these guys.

The first I broke riding it to hard, but to be fair it was a show frame and not to be ridden. It lasted a while, it had some issues, but thats what you get when you ride something that is not supposed to be ridden. I still loved it.

Second frame I destroyed in a head on collision with a motorbike. It was a sad moment, both because I had to go to the Hospital, never a pleasant experience in China, and because the frame was damn comfortable and wonderful.

The third one is my current bike . I ordered it the same day I broke the second one. I got patched up at the hospital and went straight to their shop. Motherfuckers keep on improving their building techniques.

This was after I destroyed the second one:

https://31.media.tumblr.com/3c1cfefb8975d0d4772a29aa0d7e2ad7/tumblr_n5m16irsG51sp9ywqo3_1280.png

this is the current one:

https://24.media.tumblr.com/8e340fb8ce5bf858e4d019d376972cba/tumblr_n47h2rICUy1sp9ywqo4_1280.jpg

All I have to say its that they are awesome bikes. And bamboo is awesome for frames!

Participant

BAMBOO BIKES GIVE YOU WINGS!!!

The Natooke Bros are a seriously experienced set of bike builders. While the shop itself is pegged as a fixed-gear establishment, I have witnessed them help many customers turn their biking dreams into reality, from a geared city bike suited for the Chongqing hills, to retro-style travel bikes with electric assist for a crew of Canadians planning on road-trippin’ from Chengdu to Shanghai next fall. They are creative and patient and built me a beautiful bamboo bike last fall!

Unlike, Enrique, I’ve been able to hold onto the same frame. We have been guinea pigs for the Bros as they’ve honed their bamboo-frame techniques, but the frame I’m riding now is light, strong, and absorbs everything these unpredictable Chengdu roads can throw at me.

Here she is, the beauty:

Participant

Thanks everybody to join us!

Nice presentation and props for the passion and inspiration of Larry/ Jacob.

Good after event business exchange; will improve the mic equipment next time.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.