Chinese Slang Words & Phrases

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionChinese Slang Words & Phrases

• This topic has 46 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Avatar photoCain.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Drop whatever slang you’re rocking or have noticed here!

Just learned this today after seeing it typed out a lot recently: 石更

It’s the two radicals which make up 硬 which means hard, in the same way that 女 and 子 combine to make 好.

According to my sources it means “True man” or “fucking cool” but I’d liken it more to something like “bad ass” based on the usage that I’ve observed.

Whatcha got?

Participant

this character comes to my mind immediately: 入+肉=肏(fuck)

this is a pretty useful word, i speak it a lot

Participant

this character comes to my mind immediately: 入+肉=肏(fuck)

this is a pretty useful word, i speak it a lot

@steven lol

would be useful to add that it’s usually used as “我肏“ though commonly they use a euphemism like “草“ or ”操”.

不存在 – bu cun zai. Means “no problem” or “forget about it” “it’s no big deal”

@steven lol

would be useful to add that it’s usually used as “我肏“ though commonly they use a euphemism like “草“ or ”操”.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    @steven lol

I always see it written like “我操”, never seen 肏 written out before this thread. Hear it a lot in conversation though.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    @steven lol

I always see it written like “我操”, never seen 肏 written out before this thread. Hear it a lot in conversation though.

Participant

I’ve only seen “cao” written like this: 操 which can mean like, ‘exercise’ or ‘drill’.. never seen it written like 肏, but based on the radicals that makes a lot of sense too. I asked some coworkers which character is correct, they say it’s the 1st one..and never seen the 2nd.

手 (hand/hold) 品 (could be pinkish color as adjective, according to google translate) 木 (tree/wood) — so I guess it could mean to hold the pink wood 😀

Participant

I’ve only seen “cao” written like this: 操 which can mean like, ‘exercise’ or ‘drill’.. never seen it written like 肏, but based on the radicals that makes a lot of sense too. I asked some coworkers which character is correct, they say it’s the 1st one..and never seen the 2nd.

手 (hand/hold) 品 (could be pinkish color as adjective, according to google translate) 木 (tree/wood) — so I guess it could mean to hold the pink wood 😀

Participant
    Quote:

不存在 (No big deal) is Sichuan slang, it just so happens it’s also my pet phrase, only I usually speak it with Beijing accent (lol, just for fun), it’s 没事儿, or 小事儿, hahaha

Participant
    Quote:

不存在 (No big deal) is Sichuan slang, it just so happens it’s also my pet phrase, only I usually speak it with Beijing accent (lol, just for fun), it’s 没事儿, or 小事儿, hahaha

Participant
    Quote:

Quote:

肏 is the correct one, if you want to know the truth, the reason 操 appears a lot is because when you use pinyin for typing, it’s much easier to find it. Of course due to the pronunciation, 操 means “fuck” as well, but if you look up dictionary for this character, when it comes to the meaning of “fuck”, the dictionary will ask you refer to 肏

Participant
    Quote:

Quote:

肏 is the correct one, if you want to know the truth, the reason 操 appears a lot is because when you use pinyin for typing, it’s much easier to find it. Of course due to the pronunciation, 操 means “fuck” as well, but if you look up dictionary for this character, when it comes to the meaning of “fuck”, the dictionary will ask you refer to 肏

Participant

Another of my pet phrase is 烂影儿(it’s Sichuan slang), means “loser” 😛

Participant

Another of my pet phrase is 烂影儿(it’s Sichuan slang), means “loser” 😛

Participant

楼上看山,城头看雪,灯前看月,舟中看霞,月下看美人,另是一番情趣。

(loushan kan shan, cheng tou kan xue, deng qian kan yue, zhou zhong kan xia, yue xia kan mei ren, ling shi yi fan qing qu)

Standing at the pavilion to watch the mountains view, Standing at the city tower to watch snow view, next of candle lights to enjoy moonlight,standing at the raft to watch rosy clouds, watch beauty under the moonlight , different joy.

2、镜不幸而遇嫫母,砚不幸而遇俗子,剑不幸而遇庸将,皆无可奈何之事。

(jing bu xin er yu mo mu, yan bu xing er yu su zi, jian bu xing er yu yong jiang , jie wu ke nai he zhi shi)

Mirror was unfortunate because meet ugly woman , inkstone was unfortunate because meet person have poor taste , the sword is unfortunately because meet bad warrior . It’s all no alternative things.

Participant

(loushan kan shan, cheng tou kan xue, deng qian kan yue, zhou zhong kan xia, yue xia kan mei ren, ling shi yi fan qing qu)

Standing at the pavilion to watch the mountains view, Standing at the city tower to watch snow view, next of candle lights to enjoy moonlight,standing at the raft to watch rosy clouds, watch beauty under the moonlight , different joy.

2、镜不幸而遇嫫母,砚不幸而遇俗子,剑不幸而遇庸将,皆无可奈何之事。

(jing bu xin er yu mo mu, yan bu xing er yu su zi, jian bu xing er yu yong jiang , jie wu ke nai he zhi shi)

Mirror was unfortunate because meet ugly woman , inkstone was unfortunate because meet person have poor taste , the sword is unfortunately because meet bad warrior . It’s all no alternative things.

Participant

Standing at the crossroads

东西南北路滔滔

Eight gods are riding on knives

八仙下凡骑把刀

Boy and girl are sitting side by side

一男一女并肩坐

Bamboos are shooting over the sky

青竹拔节比天高

Participant

Standing at the crossroads

东西南北路滔滔

Eight gods are riding on knives

八仙下凡骑把刀

Boy and girl are sitting side by side

一男一女并肩坐

Bamboos are shooting over the sky

青竹拔节比天高

Participant

@linka999

Viewing a mountain in an attic of a building, watching snowing on top of a castle, enjoying the moon by the candle lights, appreciating colorful clouds inside a boat, and admiring a beautiful girl bathing in the moonlight, what a pleasure it brings!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 79 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.