CL Pub Crawl Saturday 9/15

HomeForumsIn ChengduCL Pub Crawl Saturday 9/15

• This topic has 30 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Avatar photoLino.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Valerie created a Pub Crawl thread last week that has proven to be a popular idea, so we’re organizing an official pub crawl this Saturday, the 15th of September. Saturday is the perfect time to do this because there are a ton of events that evening in particular, including:

– Chengdu Hip Hop Mega-Gathering at Music House in Yulin (every Chengdu rapper will be there)

– Oshi and Eat Aliens Brains at Xiong Mao

– Hemp House Birthday Party

– The Sultan Birthday Party

I think a good time to start is around 8-9pm and Andy (AM) has already posted a great itinerary which makes a lot of sense:

Jah Bar & Carols & Nanuna

Dave’s Oasis

Hemp House & Mooneys

Lazy Pug & Lan Town & Underground

Leg & Whistle & Panam & Jellyfish & Buzz Bar

beers.jpg

There’s also been talk of playing “pub golf” which you can read is defined on Wikipedia right here.

As well as what is being referred to as “Rick’s Game” which he described as:

Quote:
    I used to play a different game with a specific ex – we’d walk, and each red light we’d play rock paper scissors, we’d turn left if she won, right if I won, and go straight if we tied – each wowo we passed I’d drink a beer, and had to finish it before the next wowo. In the south there are a lot of wowo’s, and we’d often end up walking a really really f’ing long way before going back.

So that’s an option as well.

Participant

Ha ha, I’m in!!

Participant

Ha ha, I’m in!!

Participant

Looks like a lot of great events on Saturday! I’m defiantly in for the Hip-Hop show at Music House, the Hemp House Birthday and some spots in between.

Participant

Looks like a lot of great events on Saturday! I’m defiantly in for the Hip-Hop show at Music House, the Hemp House Birthday and some spots in between.

I want to come. But I will arrive Chengdu on Saturday night :(.

I want to come. But I will arrive Chengdu on Saturday night :(.

Sweet, I’ve haven’t yet been to most of these places! I’ll come!

Sweet, I’ve haven’t yet been to most of these places! I’ll come!

Participant

I had an awesome time last weekend (the whole town knew I had an awesome time), so I’m in!

Participant

I had an awesome time last weekend (the whole town knew I had an awesome time), so I’m in!

If the turnout this week is better than last, this should be epic.

Keymaster
    Quote:

I was out of town last weekend but I can pretty much guarantee that we are going to run into a ton of people on Saturday. I know that hundreds of people are going to be at the Music House rap show alone, not to mention Hemp House and the other spots.

Keymaster
    Quote:

I was out of town last weekend but I can pretty much guarantee that we are going to run into a ton of people on Saturday. I know that hundreds of people are going to be at the Music House rap show alone, not to mention Hemp House and the other spots.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    I had an awesome time last weekend (the whole town knew I had an awesome time)

frank-the-tank.jpg

Keymaster
    Quote:
    I had an awesome time last weekend (the whole town knew I had an awesome time)

frank-the-tank.jpg

Participant

Those are allot of grounds to cover, if its not walkable. This past Sat were about 4-5 stops (i beleive). Small venuses are great for pub crawl, not sure if huge events will turn out well.

Also, small places= free drinks sometimes :).

Participant

Those are allot of grounds to cover, if its not walkable. This past Sat were about 4-5 stops (i beleive). Small venuses are great for pub crawl, not sure if huge events will turn out well.

Also, small places= free drinks sometimes :).

Participant

Jerry – good point. Travel time inbetween those places is pretty daunting when considering all of the trips in 1 night.. and btw the “rick’s game” – that was just for 2 of us (the rock paper scissors determining direction thing), what I was implying was during a ‘pub crawl’ rather than arrange taxis for a whole bunch of people or end up getting somewhere at very different times, we could roam between bars with “roadies” and consider wowos as roady-stops or something similar..

I’m coming out this saturday at least to kick it off, but I think I may just stay at Dave’s playing poker 😀

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 51 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.