Hiring English Teachers in Chengdu

HomeForumsClassifiedsJobs & Apartment RentalsHiring English Teachers in Chengdu

• This topic has 710 replies, 124 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Avatar photoCharlie.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 711 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

If you’re looking for a job teaching English in Chengdu, this is the place to check. I will refer schools and employers seeking English teachers to this thread in order to:

1. Provide a single place to check for multiple teaching jobs

2. Prevent the forum from being cluttered with many individual posts seeking teachers

Rules For Job Posters

You must include the following information:

1. The location of your school, or where teachers are expected to work

2. The pay you are offering (either monthly salary or hourly wage)

Failure to include this information will put your ad at risk of deletion.

If you see an ad from a school or individual that you believe should not be trusted, send me a PM with information so we can prevent others from being taken advantage of.

Participant

Just a general query, I suppose most English teaching jobs coincide with school term times? I fancy the idea of teaching in China, but don’t want to go to Beijing or Shanghai.

Participant

Just a general query, I suppose most English teaching jobs coincide with school term times? I fancy the idea of teaching in China, but don’t want to go to Beijing or Shanghai.

Participant

Participant

We are an English training school with 6 different locations in Chengdu.

We are looking for native English speakers with teaching experience to work for us. We do want people who are already in Chengdu, or at least in China.

Most of our classes are one-to-one although we also have some small classes. We need people who are flexible with their working time because it depends on when our customers are available(don’t worry, we have reasonable expectations about this!). We need people to work for 15 hours a week, more if you choose to.

Requirements:

Native English speaker

Degree with original copy of certificate preferred but not essential(visa purposes)

Teaching experience

Teaching qualification preferred ( eg TESOL, TEFL)

Positive, friendly personality is a must!

Flexibility about working times(our opening hours are 9am-9pm)

Please send your resume or CV and other relevant teaching documents to [email protected], we will contact you as soon as possible after receiving your documents.

For more information, please contact Dannie at 15828306784.

Participant

I work for a company/agency that connects teachers with schools. A full-time position has come up with an agency that sends students abroad. The teaching is mostly TOEFL/IELTS with some “useful/study abroad” English as well. Students will mostly be in the high school and college age range. Details:

Full-time:

-20-25 hours per week (teaching hours, no office hours required)

-6,000rmb (minimum, negotiable) per month

-10-20% bonus depending on work performance

-Zvisa provided by employer

-2 days off per week (usually weekends)

-3 month trial period after which a 1-3 year contract can be negotiated.

-Located on RenMin NanLu near 2nd Ring Road and HangKong Lu

Please PM me or email me: [email protected]

Participant

Hiring English Teachers.

We are an English training school with 2 different locations in Chengdu.

We are looking for native English speakers with teaching experience to work for us as full time teacher or part time teacher. For full time teacher, we can help to apply the Z-visa.

Requirements:

Native English speaker;

Degree with original copy of certificate preferred but not essential(visa purposes);

Teaching experience and teaching qualification preferred ( eg TESOL, TEFL);

Positive, friendly personality is a must!

Flexibility about working times(our opening hours are 9am-9pm)

Please send your resume or CV and other relevant teaching documents to [email protected], we will contact you as soon as possible after receiving your documents.

Participant

ISO English speakers who can teach statisitics and/or math

We are a private education/consulation firm located near Tianfu square and we provide you with a family oriented working environment

Salary is based on experience and negotiable

If interested, please PM me

Thanks!

Vic

Participant

Teach English in China’s #1 international kindergarten.

We currently have a team of over 15 foreign teachers from all over the world teaching children in a world class facility. We are rapidly expanding and looking for great teachers who love children to join us.

We Offer:

* 7000-10,000 RMB/month for our teachers depending on experience

* Accommodation or an accommodation allowance

* Return flight after 12 months

* We can provide a working visa if the applicant meets the requirements for a Z-Visa

Requirements:

* Native English Speaker

* Enthusiastic & Passionate about teaching

* Love children

* TESOL qualification is preferred

About the job:

* Our school has 140+ students between 2 & 6 yrs old

* Locate in the south of Chengdu, just outside the 3rd ring rd

* It is a full time position, 5 days/week.

* Teach 2-5 English lesson per week for 15-30min per lesson depending on the age of the students

* Currnetly looking for 1 teacher ASAP and 4 teachers for August

* One year contract

* Opportunities for career advancement as the school also has foreign management and special classes

If interested, please send a PM with the following information:

* Resume

* Name & Age

* Nationality

* Current living location

* Email address

English teachers are wanted (Muti-Language Wanted as well)

We are an experienced English school located in the west of Chengdu. and currently looking for English Teacher (and other language such as French, Spanish, German, Italian and Portugal) as full time and part time position. 5000-15000 RMB per month(depending on class hours worked). We do want people who are already in Chengdu, or at least will stay for a long time. Most of our classes are one-to-one although we also have some small classes (kids or adults). An easy going, open-minded, kind personality, creative would be perfect for teaching in our school. Some knowledge of the Chinese language would be a definite plus.

Requirement:

1.experience in teaching English, especially kids.

2.Available at least 3 days a week, or full time position.

3.Relatively fixed time schedule.

4.Good patience.

5.Valid identify certification.

6.Clear pronunciation.

If you are interested in more details about this job do not hesitate to contact us and send your resume to :[email protected] or reach Charlie at 13547983155. We will provide you with further details and arrange for your interview ASAP. We are looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you.

Participant

English teachers are wanted (Muti-Language Wanted as well)

We are an experienced English school located in the west of Chengdu. and currently looking for English Teacher (and other language such as French, Spanish, German, Italian and Portugal) as full time and part time position. 5000-15000 RMB per month(depending on class hours worked). We do want people who are already in Chengdu, or at least will stay for a long time. Most of our classes are one-to-one although we also have some small classes (kids or adults). An easy going, open-minded, kind personality, creative would be perfect for teaching in our school. Some knowledge of the Chinese language would be a definite plus.

Requirement:

1.experience in teaching English, especially kids.

2.Available at least 3 days a week, or full time position.

3.Relatively fixed time schedule.

4.Good patience.

5.Valid identify certification.

6.Clear pronunciation.

If you are interested in more details about this job do not hesitate to contact us and send your resume to :[email protected] or reach Charlie at 13547983155. We will provide you with further details and arrange for your interview ASAP. We are looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you.

Participant

Hello Chengdu Forum,

I’ve been asked to find someone to replace me in my English teaching job in September, as I’ll be returning to the UK.

Here is a summary of the role – I can send a full job description to anyone who is interested.

– English teacher in a private college, teaching 18-21 year olds.

– Based 15 miles from Chengdu in Tong’an Town

– Picturesque campus includes restaurant, gym, sports ground, shop. Many shops, restaurants and markets in the town.

– I teach Extensive Reading and Cambridge BEC (Business English)

– 18 hours per week basic. I teach 4 hours per week overtime plus occasional evening English Corner lessons and English lectures.

– Currently 4800 RMB (approx 510 GBP) per month (80 RMB per hour for overtime)

– Free accommodation – self contained flat inc. bedroom, kitchen, bathroom

– International office provide visa assistance, airport pickup, etc.

– Flights paid for

The college has a website at http://polus.edu.cn/%E5%AD%A6%E9%99%A2%E6%9C%8D%E8%A3%85%E8%AE%BE%E8%AE%A1%E4%B8%93%E4%B8%9A%E6%AF%95%E4%B8%9A%E7%A7%80/.

Applicants need to be native speakers with a degree and teaching qualification.

If any prospective teachers have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Cheers,

Ben

Hello,

I will be in Chengdu only this week and am interested in tutoring Chinese business professionals on Thursday (may 2) or Friday (may 3). In exchange, I want to but tutored in Chinese business and language (I am a beginner).

I will be in town for only a short time because I have an investment banking job in New York City that I have to get back to. In addition to language tutoring, I am happy to give career advice about working in the USA.

Please send me a private message if you are interested in meeting.

Sincerely,

Karena

Participant

High-paying part-time English teaching job

Hi there! As far as part-time teaching positions go in Chengdu, you’ll be hard pressed to find better packages than Vertigo Language offers. Read on…

Vertigo Language School is an English language training school with two centres in Chengdu, located on the north-east section of the 2nd ring road, and at ZhongHaiGuoJiSheQu District in the west.

The majority of our students are ages 5-10. With small class sizes of up to six students, a dedicated teaching assistant and interactive course materials using electronic whiteboards our students are a joy to teach, as opposed to some other schools where you will be given a dozen or more kids and no real support.

We are currently looking to add one or two more teachers to our team at the ZhongHaiGuoJiSheQu branch.

About the position

• 4500 to 7000 RMB per month (depending on class hours worked)

– e.g. 7000 RMB for 15 class hours per week.

• Two to four office hours per week.

• Friendly and professional work environment.

• Small class sizes

• Western management.

• Work visa support.

• Help finding accommodation and getting yourself set up if needed (i.e internet, how to pay your bills)

• 3 weeks paid holiday around Spring Festival.

• A ticket to your home country or cash equivalent up to 4000 RMB on contract completion

• Ongoing training.

• In-house Chinese lessons.

Duties & Responsibilities

• Preparing & delivering high quality lessons (lesson plans and other resources available).

• Additional office duties should class hours fall short of contracted hours.

• Attending and participating enthusiastically in any training, marketing events, national or international trips.

About You

• Enthusiastic, energetic, patient, enjoys working with children.

• Punctual and responsible.

• Can work independently or as part of a team.

• Clean and professional personal presentation.

• Graduated at least two years ago (required for work visa)

• Received your education in a western country, United States, United Kingdom, Australia or New Zealand

• Able to commit to a minimum of a 1 year contract, preferably two years

Interested parties please submit the following:

• Your resume.

• A scanned image of your diploma.

• A scanned image of the photo page of your current passport.

• A scanned image of your current visa.

You can contact Will at [email protected]

Unfortunately we are unable to consider applicants who don’t submit the above documents.

Participant

part-time teaching job

we are a kindergarten at Huayang county, Chengdu city. we need a foreign Enghlish teacher to do a part time job from 23th May to 16th June. the position should work about 3 hours per day with a reasonable payment.the payment depends on your teaching results from 250 to 300 RMB per day.

we have 4 classes at present.so you will teach 4 classes every day. each class just lasts for about 15 minutes.if you are intereted, please email me as soon as possible.then a face to face interview is needed and payment can be disgussed during the interview.hope to hear from you as soon as possible.

Venus.

email: [email protected]

Participant

Hi there,

I’m looking for a native experience English for my client in Chengdu, the student is male ,native language is Albanian, he need face to face ,individual  TOFEL exam preparation lesson in his place: Tongzilin, Eorope City, class time:2 hours class on Sun, once a week, he is intermediate level in English now, total have 100 hours lesson, pls reply me your CV ASAP to [email protected] if you’re available for this class. Thanks a lot!

Participant

Part-time English teacher for kids wanted

We’re an instituted located at Shenxianshu, right beside Tongzilin. we’re looking for a part-time English teacher for a class of 10 students, whose ages range from 7-9. Each class lasts 1.5 hrs and the payment is 300 yuan.  Previous teaching experience and native tougue preferred. For now there’s one class on Sunday afternoon, yet your class appointments may increase in process of our colaboration, according to your own will. Contact me at [email protected] if you’re interested. Thanks for the time taken to read this ad.

Matt Liu

Participant

We are an English training school with 8 different locations in Chengdu. We are looking for native English speakers with teaching experience to work for us. We do want people who are already in Chengdu, or at least in China.
    Most of our classes are one-to-one although we also have some small classes. We need people who are flexible with their working time because it depends on when our customers are available(don’t worry, we have reasonable expectations about this!). We need people to work for 15 hours a week, more if you choose to.
    Requirements:
     Native English speaker Degree with original copy of certificate preferred but not essential(visa purposes) Teaching experience Teaching qualification preferred ( eg TESOL, TEFL) Positive, friendly personality is a must! Flexibility about working times(our opening hours are 9am-9pm)

Participant

Kindergarten teaching positions available, apply now!

Positions available: 2-3

School: American Eagle Kindergarten (Chengdu branch)

Address: 300 Yong Cui Lu, Nan Chengdu hui, gaoxin qu (Hi- tech Zone), Sichuan Province

Job Start Date: 2013-08-01~2013-09-01

Salary: 9000 RMB + Bonus + living allowances (total over 10,000+ RMB)

Accommodation: Free (two teacher shares 1 apartment)

Other bonus available up to 2400RMB / year

Completing contract bonus available.

Annual floating holiday available.

Required Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree (3-4yrs)

Required Nationality: American, Canadian, British, New Zealander, SA

Native English Speaker Requirement: Yes, must be a native English speaker

Teaching Experience: No Teaching Experience Required (some teaching experience preferred.)

Required some work experience.

Teacher Certification: Teacher Certification Not Required

TEFL Certification: No TEFL/TESL Required

Couples: Couples or Friends Ok

Contact: Lee Cheng Email: [email protected] Phone:+86 1340-288-1283

Participant

Hi there! Do you wanna be an excellent Foreign English teacher, working with us? Both full time and part time are ok.
    Let me introduce our school for you. Our school is the first professional spoken English training school for adults in Chengdu, China. Most of the students in our school are adults, Their English are pretty good.
    We have five branches in Chengdu City now; it’s quite easy to find those branches because of the convenient transportation. (They are located inside the 2nd ring road)
    For full time teacher, we Offer:
    * 6000-10,000 RMB/month for our teachers depending on experience and class hour
    * Help finding accommodation and getting you set up if needed
    * A ticket to your home country or cash equivalent up to 6000 RMB on contract completion
    * We can provide a working visa if the applicant meets the requirements for a Z-Visa
    * Friendly and professional work environment.
    * Small class sizes
    * Western management.
    Requirements:
    * Native English Speaker
    * Enthusiastic & Passionate about teaching
    * TESOL qualification is preferred
    * Graduated at least two years ago (required for work visa)
    Duties & Responsibilities
    * Preparing & delivering high quality lessons (lesson plans and other resources available).
    * Additional office duties should class hours fall short of contracted hours.
    * Attending and participating enthusiastically in any training, marketing events, national or international trips.

About the job:
    * Teach 15-18 hours per week, Maximum five office hours per week.
    * One year contract
    For part time teacher, we Offer 120-150RMB/hour depending on experience and teaching performance.
    If you are interested, please feel free to contact me directly at number:13550248272. or send me email including your Resume or CV(name & age, nationality’ current living location, education and work experiences, etc ) to [email protected].
    Thanks and regards.
    Sky

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 711 total)
  • The forum ‘Jobs & Apartment Rentals’ is closed to new topics and replies.