Jiuzhaigou travel

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionJiuzhaigou travel

• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Avatar photoRay.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Howdy all,

I’m thinking of going to Jiuzhaigou during my Spring Festival holiday. Has anyone taken the bus there recently (I’ve heard it’s about 10 hours since the earthquake)? Also, has anyone been there during the winter and/or during Spring Festival? Is it considered off-season, or do lots of people still go there for SF? I’ve seen pictures of it during the winter and it definitely looks worth a visit. I’d prefer to spend less money, which is why the bus looks appealing to me. Any info on it would be great (I’ve already seen most of the websites for it, so I’m looking for personal experiences please).

Cheers,

-Peter

Participant

hi Peter, I’ve been to Jiuzhai three times, once during spring festival holiday in 2007 and once by bus. the bus ride is quite enjoyable since i went with a few friends, the road went along Min river in the mountain and stoped at several service points and you can see the change of landscape and custom, though it took at least 8 hrs for us to get there(that’s before the earthquake). now the flight ticket is very cheap until Feb 3rd as listed on qunar.com, now it’s only 360+120 one-way (on Feb 3rd a sudden rise to 1059+120 when the public holiday starts), if you have time, go before the Chinese public holiday. Jiuzhai is less colourful in the winter than in other seasons, and the Yuanshi senlin (virgin forest) at the top of one vally is not open for visitors, but it’s worth visit anyway, huanglong is also closed in the winter for safety reasons. i suggest you go to the ticket office and have your photo taken, then you can enter jiuzhai vally twice (i did this during my second visit)and dont have to hurry to see all the scenic spots by bus, if this policy still applies it probably would compensate for the loss of not able to visit Huanglong. Jiuzhai is far less crowded in the winter than in other time, but there’s little difference if you walk the plank road between scenic spots and not keen in taking pictures with stele that carved the name of the lake, in hot season still there isnt that many ppl on the plank road, most of them take the bus ride and look for the stele to capture a ‘i’ve been here’.

hope that helps

Miya.

Thanks for the info Miya. I may go there in the next two weeks. My parents are coming on Jan 29th, and I was thinking it would be a cool destination to take them while they’re in Sichuan. But I’m not sure if they can handle the long bus ride, and the plane tickets are a bit pricey during the time they’ll be here. In addition to Jiuzhaigou, does anyone know much about Hailuogou? That’s another place I’d like to go (though probably not with my parents). My real interest is hiking/trekking/camping. So any info about those subjects in Hailuogou would be great. Much appreciated.

-Peter

Hey Peter –

I went there about 3 months ago and took the bus. It’s definitely beautiful, but I would never, ever consider taking the bus again. It took 14 hours to get there and 19 hours to get home. The roads are terrible and oftentimes shut down for long stretches. Take the plane. It’s worth the extra money.

-Zach

Participant

I think the autumn and winter of Jiuzhaigou is the most beautiful, but if the winter to go, some spots may be will has been closed by the cold weather. New South Gate bus station ,have Chengdu to Jiuzhaigou long bus, near the holidays, you’d better bought tickets in advance.

Hailuogou landscape with different climate, the summer a lot of people. the winter are the glacier snow now. Shiyang station and New South Gate station have direct access .

Recommended few lines Tours,

@ Chengdu – Jiuzhaigou Valley- Huanglong – Chengdu

@ Chengdu – Hailuogou – Kangding – Xinduqiao – Tagong – Bamei – Danba – Kangding – Chengdu

@ Chengdu – Jiuzhaigou – Huanglong – Zoige – Langmusi – Hongyan – Marekang – Siguniangshan – Danba – Chengdu

@ Chengdu – Xinduqiao – Daocheng – Xianggelila/ Yadin – Daocheng – Xinduqiao – Kangding / Luding – Hailuogou – Chengdu

Jiuzhaigou altitude of 2 km or more, over the primeval forest, ditch the distribution of one hundred and eight lakes, nine Tibetan villages, Jiuzhaigou is said to be “fairy-tale world “.

Huanglong have four things in abundance, the beauty color pool, snow-capped mountains, valleys, forests, known to the world

Hong Yuan is located in the “roof of the world, ” the eastern edge of Qinghai-Tibet Plateau, is the only Tibetan inhabited Aba based purely pastoral counties. The territory of the vast grasslands, lush plants, minerals, forests very rich.

Zoige county, holy snow, is a magical land, pristine nation, this is beautiful picture

Daocheng, Aden area, a beautiful valley, grasslands, mountains, deep valleys, waterfalls. Particularly well-known is well-known Tibetan Youth Day Song Gongbu Gongga Xuefeng and its mysterious legend.

the Shell Valley, Er Lang Mountian, Luding Bridge, Shell Valley

sightseeing and get to Shell Valley near KangDing county

Scenery: hot spring, virgin forest, glacier, GongGa Mountain (altitude 7556, highest in Sichuan)

Shell Valley is said to be the most beautiful glacier in China

visit MuGeCuo Lake (cuo means lake in Tibetan)

have lakes, horse riding, grassland, hot spring, jokul

enjoy the beautiful scenery on the way and get to BaMei town (literally means eight beauty)

this part of route is describe as the photographer’s heaven, sceneries include Zheduo Mountain (altitude 4298m), XinDuQiao County , TaGong Temple

BaMei neighboring places

visit grass land and Tibet castle

get to DanBa County and visit the neighboring area,JiaJu Tibet village, MeiRen Valley (Beauty Valley), Tibet Castle.

DanBa area is said to be the most beautiful countryside in China rather than WuYuan in Jiangxi Province

get to RiLong Town and enjoy the beautiful scenery on the way

see Si Gu Niang Mountain and visit Chang Ping Valley

shinichi

Participant

Man, stay in one of the Tibetan houses in the park. it’s an awesome experience and those stone fortresses are warm even in the dead of winter. Oh yeah, and insanely cheap (paid 35 kuai including two meals and endless cups of Tibrtan tea, but that was a few years ago)….If you go during the holidays, the place is a chaotic circus….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.