Kick- and Thaiboxing in Chengdu?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionKick- and Thaiboxing in Chengdu?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 51 total)
  • Author

Hey there,

I am looking for a place where I can practise and study kick- and/or thaiboxing. I found one in this gym which is located in Europe city, which is ridiculously expensive – so I would be grateful for any other hint!

I also would be open to have a look at MMA, if there’S anything like this.

Thanks for your help!

Participant

Moko in Tongzilin is the one ur talkin about. I believe his prices are 400 or 500 per month. Try to haggle with him. I also hear Megafit offers Tai Bo classes. Moko is als located in Chunxi lu… And opening another gym soon in Yulin, Yongfong Lu.

Me: cdbjj.org

I don’t know Moko yet, the one I am talking about is Adiwer gym in Europe city, they are clean but 200RMB/hour!!

Taibo is not the stuff I am interested in, it doesn’t involve sparring.

Where can I find Moko – is it a gym?

Participant

Try google… Type Muah Thai Chengdu. Also try Chinese too. Hes legit, pretty strong dude. Also 200 per hour, is it a class or priv? If priv, then it could be good. I charge 400 per hour for priv.. And only person who could afford is Moko.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    And opening another gym soon in Yulin, Yongfong Lu.

Any more information on this? That is exciting. I would like to train but I don’t want to have to go to Chunxi Lu, too far out of the way.

Participant

Ill try to ge more info, last time i talked to him (late last year), he said he was going to open another gym in Spring. Will he actually open one? Not sure, if he does, ill be his BJJ instructr there. Ill msg his Eng mediator soon.

Hm I had private classes for 500/month before (in Qingdao), 200 seems still a bit steep to me to be honest, I also don’t need a private trainer necessarily…

I googled muay thai chengdu already but no information whatsoever. There must be kick-/thaiboxing teachers in Chengdu…?

Participant

There r a few. ill txt u when me home. on fone nowz

Participant

There r a few. ill txt u when me home. on fone nowz

Participant

There are Jenny. There are foreign Thai kickboxing trainers in Chengdu – I’ll ask my friend for info, he trains a week in- and a week out- of town with various trainers in different styles. I don’t know if it’s open to public, but worth a shot. Will send a message soon.

Participant

There are Jenny. There are foreign Thai kickboxing trainers in Chengdu – I’ll ask my friend for info, he trains a week in- and a week out- of town with various trainers in different styles. I don’t know if it’s open to public, but worth a shot. Will send a message soon.

Participant

http://www.mgtaiquan.com/

That’s Moko. Quite good, great reputation in CD, a local star so to speak… His shins are GANGSTA! One kick from him and your bones will crack!

Participant

http://www.mgtaiquan.com/

That’s Moko. Quite good, great reputation in CD, a local star so to speak… His shins are GANGSTA! One kick from him and your bones will crack!

Keymaster
    Quote:

I would love to meet him. Muay thai fighters roll pins or bars up and down their shins to kill all the nerves. Their shins are like baseball bats.

By the way Jerry, that link didn’t work. Typo?

Participant

Here’s what I got so far:

Quote:
    I know two MT teachers in Chengdu…One is my good friend, butbussy for work as soldier in American Embassy…We have sparing togedher ones a week…The other one is Chinese(Moko)…I was there three times, but he doesn’t care about his student….So I don’t think so it is good idea go there…He has now eight gyms in Chengdu….but probably he is more businessman, than trainer….My good friend told me, that he Trained only in China, visit Thailand, made some posters with thailand good fighter and now make business like thaiboxing teacher in China….

Jenny, would you be interested in other forms of stand-up (like SanDa with mix of Thai elbow/knees?).

Participant

Here’s what I got so far:

Quote:
    I know two MT teachers in Chengdu…One is my good friend, butbussy for work as soldier in American Embassy…We have sparing togedher ones a week…The other one is Chinese(Moko)…I was there three times, but he doesn’t care about his student….So I don’t think so it is good idea go there…He has now eight gyms in Chengdu….but probably he is more businessman, than trainer….My good friend told me, that he Trained only in China, visit Thailand, made some posters with thailand good fighter and now make business like thaiboxing teacher in China….

Jenny, would you be interested in other forms of stand-up (like SanDa with mix of Thai elbow/knees?).

Participant

Link works for me, both on VPN and off. Wish i knew how to print screen to show you.

Moko does have tons of schools, his clients are there to learn Muay Thai, plus he is busy… Having tons of schools makes it hard for him to be everywhere. I know he’s at the Chunxi Lu gym twice a week (Tues and Thurs 6-8pm).

Moko is out of the country now, tried to contact him. Not sure where, but when he gets back ill talk to him. He built up from small time studio instructor (shared with other club) to having more than a few establishments… All less than 3 years!

There’s another Muay Thai place in CD, U37?, it’s fairly new (really great looking gym). A few left Moko for this place, due to price reasons. Also its quite far. Going to have BJJ seminars there, because of it’s size.

Participant

Link works for me, both on VPN and off. Wish i knew how to print screen to show you.

Moko does have tons of schools, his clients are there to learn Muay Thai, plus he is busy… Having tons of schools makes it hard for him to be everywhere. I know he’s at the Chunxi Lu gym twice a week (Tues and Thurs 6-8pm).

Moko is out of the country now, tried to contact him. Not sure where, but when he gets back ill talk to him. He built up from small time studio instructor (shared with other club) to having more than a few establishments… All less than 3 years!

There’s another Muay Thai place in CD, U37?, it’s fairly new (really great looking gym). A few left Moko for this place, due to price reasons. Also its quite far. Going to have BJJ seminars there, because of it’s size.

hey there!Thanks a lot for all the advise, guys!

Moko to me at the moment sounds like the last resort option, I actually rather go to a place where teachers care about their students, at my old place we used to cook together and go out for drinks or hiking as well… I know, that might be difficult to find, but I am not so keen about an only money making place even though he might be a legend in terms of his iron shins…;-) The purpose for me is not to build up in order to beat up people, so I am kind of interested in a place, where they have some rules and “philosophy”.

@Rick: Sanda would be ok as well, I am open to anything standup, also practised Karate before. Very alternative could be Taekwon-Do but I don’t really want to start something completely new, rather want to stick with one discipline now… so u have any other ideas where to go?

hey there!Thanks a lot for all the advise, guys!

Moko to me at the moment sounds like the last resort option, I actually rather go to a place where teachers care about their students, at my old place we used to cook together and go out for drinks or hiking as well… I know, that might be difficult to find, but I am not so keen about an only money making place even though he might be a legend in terms of his iron shins…;-) The purpose for me is not to build up in order to beat up people, so I am kind of interested in a place, where they have some rules and “philosophy”.

@Rick: Sanda would be ok as well, I am open to anything standup, also practised Karate before. Very alternative could be Taekwon-Do but I don’t really want to start something completely new, rather want to stick with one discipline now… so u have any other ideas where to go?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 51 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.