Personal & Dating Sites in Chengdu- for cats

HomeForumsClassifiedsPersonalsPersonal & Dating Sites in Chengdu- for cats

• This topic has 34 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Avatar photoRay.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Participant

So the Personals section of this forum is rather bleak. and the only other one I know about (gochengdoo) is also pretty sparse. So, what I would like to know is where do people go for online dating in this city?

I bring this up because I don’t particularly like to drink and find the bar atmosphere far too loud and drunk for my tastes. My own upbringing has left me pretty much unable to bother any random person on the street.

Where can I go to find someone who is actually looking for another person to spend some time with.

I will find it very difficult to set up a Chinese profile on a dating site because I do not have any Chinese friends at that level of familiarity.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

if you’ve got a smartphone. 陌陌

Participant

Thank you Chris, I will check that out.

Participant

Why don’t you try “非诚勿扰”   :>  it is a good show too!

Participant

You can try Chinese Love Links, if you sneak in your QQ you can get in contact for free. Momo has an English version too now, but I think most girls there dont speak so much English

Participant

MoMo does have an English version for the ios smartphones. no such luck for us android users.

And ng so fan, I find private bars to be too much, sitting on a dating show would take that small fear to a whole new level. thanks for the suggestion though.

Keymaster

I thought for years about making a dating site for this purpose, because there doesn’t seem to be anything that connects expats with local people in the online space in particular. Chinese dating sites are a nightmare from what I can tell – filled with clutter and nonsense, and are all heavily monetized, either through ads, locked features, or both.

I think your best shot is to use your smartphone and Weixin or Momo. Search for these apps in the app store (on Android or iOS) and you’ll find them. Both have a “find people near you” feature which is frequently used by locals to find dating prospects (I had a roommate who cleaned up on Momo last summer, it was ridiculous). Momo in particular has gained a reputation for being a “one night stand” enabler, but it doesn’t necessarily have to be used in that way.

Basically, apps on smartphones are superior to websites for meeting strangers online nowadays.

Participant

well. I think it would not be so hard to find someone in China to spend some time with,because people here are hospitable and easy to talk. However, honestly speaking, finding someone on dating website may not very dependable, maybe u could try to join some events held by different Universities or companies. More information can be found on their websites. For example, last month, University of Glasgow held a small alumni party in Shangri_LA. Hope it help:)

Keymaster

Why don’t you try “非诚勿扰” :> it is a good show too!

I have a friend in Beijing (who I met through the forum in the Street Fighter thread years ago) who was on 非诚勿扰. He told me that after appearing on the show he received hundreds of messages from random girls!

Participant

Hugh, you can try using CL as a dating site! ;D

Why don’t you post your profile and some stuff about you right now?

Participant

have a friend in Beijing (who I met through the forum in the Street Fighter thread years ago) who was on 非诚勿扰. He told me that after appearing on the show he received hundreds of messages from random girls!<!– .bbp-reply-content –>

yes, indeed.  Also, other than those who are interested to make friends with you, I doubt who will even recognize you on street.

Participant

As another poster pointed out, there are plenty of sites that are specifically targeted at foreigners looking for Chinese women.

Participant

Someone told me about a foreign guy here who sits in Starbucks, near the entrance, who smiles and says “Hello” to all the girls who enter…You sir, have revolutionised dating.

Participant

Failing the Starbucks concept I know of a cafe where young ladies take their cats and hang out together. If you have or like cats it might be a good place to check out.

The place stinks though.

Participant

Hi Hugh,

If you don’t like drinking how about joining some club or group. There are many groups on the forum. Best kind are the ones that organise day trips and so on. So, what are your interests? Most groups don’t require you to be a die-hard sport hero as the social element is pretty important to most of them.

Otherwise, join a gym, start a book group if there isn’t one already, join the photowalk.. or go to chinese corner. There are plenty of options especially if you are prepared to put yourself out there.

Also, a lot of expats and travellers do drink but does it define them?

Keymaster

Hi Hugh, If you don’t like drinking how about joining some club or group. There are many groups on the forum. Best kind are the ones that organise day trips and so on. So, what are your interests?

That’s good advice… if you’re looking for a relationship and not just a hook up, your best shot is probably getting connected to someone through something that you both enjoy. Cooking, photography, music, art, etc.

You sir, have revolutionised dating.

Ha Ha! Was it me that told you about this guy Ray? I used to regularly see an older (mid 50’s, grey haired, chimney smoking droopy eyed) guy sat right at the entrance and do exactly that almost daily.

Common interest is a given the world over, and Chengdu women are some of the most receptive to new friendships (ahem) I’ve ever met. I think Hugh the only trouble you’d have finding anyone you liked is overthinking it, otherwise get yourself out there and make contact.

Participant

@Alan: wow cat cafe is right downstairs from me (you talking about the one on Yulin xilu, in front of Huangfu HuaYuan?).  Bizarrely, it seems to be doing very well. I look in the window as i walk past, but most of the cats seem like upper-class well-bred snobs (like alot of the humans in that neighborhood haha). Single guy with cat = not looking for relationship. Single girl with cat = Marry me please!

Participant

Join club or join social activities

Participant

@Alan: wow cat cafe is right downstairs from me (you talking about the one on Yulin xilu, in front of Huangfu HuaYuan?). Bizarrely, it seems to be doing very well. I look in the window as i walk past, but most of the cats seem like upper-class well-bred snobs (like alot of the humans in that neighborhood haha). Single guy with cat = not looking for relationship. Single girl with cat = Marry me please!

Bleh i was actually interested in this place cause i love cats but if they are all high class shit – i pass. There are only 2 worthy species, garbage dump one and siamese 🙂

On a side nore any1 knows where in chengdu i can find siamese cats? Would like to have one in the future and mine is kinda far 🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 35 total)
  • The forum ‘Personals’ is closed to new topics and replies.