Photography club in Chengdu

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionPhotography club in Chengdu

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)
  • Author

There will be the inaugural meeting of the photography club in Bookworm on the 25 October at 7pm.

At the meeting I am hoping that we can agree how the group should operate. It looks likely that we will meet fortnightly.

I hope that you can make it, please reply to this thread or email me at cdjohnson12[at]hotmail[dot]com.

CJ

Hoping to make it. Just working with a point and shoot, but will bring my film camera back from Christmas break. Any idea where to buy/develop film here in the ‘Du?

I am a recent arrival here in Chengdu, but have managed to find a good place to get my film developed. It’s pretty difficult to find, but I can supply details if you want to know. Also interested in the photo club. Will make contact when time permits.

Participant

I think me and my room-mate will be interested of coming to the club meeting. I have a Cannon Rebel, She has a Nikon D40.

I will go. Nikon D300.

Keymaster

I’ll be there too.

Keymaster

Dang it, I forgot to bring my camera to the office. I’ll still be there tonight though.

Participant

I’ll be there. Gi’me a holler once ur in.

I was there, nobody showed up except Charlie and Dan…Where was the organizer???

Keymaster
    Quote:
    I was there, nobody showed up except Charlie and Dan…Where was the organizer???

Bookworm was super packed at 7pm, I think there’s a good chance they were there and we missed them. Also I didn’t see you until quarter past 8, perhaps they left?

Either way, we had a good conversation with Dan about underwater photography, Jiuzhaigou, and teaching black and white photography at Luxe Hills.

This is the Canon 1dx that was announced recently that we were talking about: Canon 1D X

Ha! we were all there, we were the big group in the back of the library section that had the projector. there were maybe 20 of us all at a big table. to summarize the meeting, we are now the “Chengdu Photography Club” (CPC), next meeting at the Bookworm Nov. 22nd. The project is to bring three photos in the theme “Animal, Vegetable, or Mineral” (up to your own interpretation, could be just three different genres, different exposures, or examples of “animals, veg, and minerals”). They can be from pictures you’ve shot before, but try to make them with/from China. We’re setting up a Yahoo! Group and will have a mailing list (details will follow). The photos will be compiled and shown at the meeting, with critique by the group. For this first time, we’re all going on independent shoots (unless you want to go out with other people, then you organize it yourselves). But the idea is that in the future, we’ll organize outings/”photo shoots” to go as groups, and photo challenges. Email me with any questions: [email protected]. I have the organizer’s email as well, which I can give you via PM/email.

Cheers,

-Peter

Thanks Peter for that summary. Good to see so many people, if you didn’t make it this time, you are welcome on the 22nd.

I think that I may know of Dan that Charlie refers to, (the underwater bit gave it away), sorry we missed you.

Chris

Keymaster

Damnit, that was you guys on the projector. We were sitting right there around 8:30. We all got there late.

Great that there’s a subject for the next one though.

Participant

I got there right around 7, but as Charlie said it was really packed. I walked through and didn’t see a group that screamed “Photography Club” and decided since I was soaking wet from the walk over I’d just head on home.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    I got there right around 7, but as Charlie said it was really packed. I walked through and didn’t see a group that screamed “Photography Club” and decided since I was soaking wet from the walk over I’d just head on home.

Next month we’ll organize it better with a sign or designated table or something.

hey all,

any news about tomorrow’s meeting? i have my pictures ready, but haven’t heard from anyone as far as who is compiling all the photos for the slide show. i’ll bring mine on usb anyway, but i hope people are still in on this.

Keymaster

I’ll be there. I had a good time last month even though I didn’t join the official group.

Participant

Hi can I come along to the photography club meeting? It is tonight, I guess? I’m more of a video person, but would be nice to meet new people 🙂

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Hi can I come along to the photography club meeting? It is tonight, I guess? I’m more of a video person, but would be nice to meet new people 🙂

Absolutely, it’s open to anyone.

Hi everybody, good to see so many returning and new faces, Charlie and Tina being 2 that I met.

Next meeting is 6th Dec at 7.30 at Bookworm, please email 2 photos with a theme of light to cdjohnson12[at]hotmail.com by the 4th so that we don’t waste time switching USB drives and/or loading webpages.

Best

CJ

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.