Thank you Lazy Pug!

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionThank you Lazy Pug!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Participant

It’s been a great run! I guess i will no longer venture out in the night, that place was literally my home and my ‘night life’! What ever your next move is, let it be grand and hope things will turn out your way!

– J

Yes! Good luck to Dana & Danny. I have a feeling someone will want to snap the Pug up fairly sharpish though.

🙁

bye guys, thanks for the good times and good grub.

Participant

Good luck with the new life! ;D

Also, I wish you guys success in learning even more delicious foods!

Participant

What does it mean? Guys who were running the place have gone? Who`s instead? Where and why did they go?

Keymaster
    Quote:
    What does it mean? Guys who were running the place have gone? Who`s instead? Where and why did they go?

I’m wondering this also. I didn’t see them announce anything, but apparently the cat is out of the bag now.

Participant

To all our customers, friends and family,

We wanted to thank you for making the past two years very successful. We have made a lot of loyal friends here who showed their true love and concern for us Saturday night. Mike, Aiqing, Wes, Zach, Jerry, Phil, Jon/Andrea, Amir and Yani…We ALWAYS have your back!

To make a very long, complicated story short, the property itself was under debt and the landlord disappeared months ago. Nothing we read in our how to start a business and being an entrepreneur in China books mentioned this! We were stuck in the middle and being foreigners, with a seemingly successful business in comparison to the bar next door, were helpless. The more people offering to help us really wanted a piece of the business and to eventually throw us out of our own business! Lots of side deals were trying to be made! Our favorite quote has always been ‘Living well is the best revenge’ (George Herbert) and we cannot think of a more fitting time to use it.

To our VERY loving staff that became family…we love you and you are the reason we will reopen bigger and better in the very near future (location is pending at the moment). Ada, Teresa and Tina you are fabulous.

Dana and Danny

I had a feeling there was a story in there somewhere, but didn’t want to speculate. Dana I’ve even been told the reason you were shutting up shop was due to pregnancy!! Is that another rung on the rumour mill!?

Damn you guys have been through it there. I really hope you figure something out again in the not too distant.

I had a feeling there was a story in there somewhere, but didn’t want to speculate. Dana I’ve even been told the reason you were shutting up shop was due to pregnancy!! Is that another rung on the rumour mill!?

Damn you guys have been through it there. I really hope you figure something out again in the not too distant.

Participant

I heard you guys moved to Thailand, or is that where the new location will open? 😀

Do you really think Thailand is the best option, considering your pregnancy and all?

Hope you guys will clear your debts in time!

Participant

I heard you guys moved to Thailand, or is that where the new location will open? 😀

Do you really think Thailand is the best option, considering your pregnancy and all?

Hope you guys will clear your debts in time!

Participant

Haha….I was waiting for that one! No i am not pregnant! That was a rumor started by my own husband! It was a strategic move in saying to try to figure out who was who. So complicated.

We have no debts here! Out lease ended on Sunday! It was a matter of getting us to pay money to stay, pay a 100% rent incrase and lots of other more shady dealings of stealing the business.

We have been wanting to leave for awhile due to this stress, but it ended in a way that could not have been better for us. When we open bigger and better (a good chance here) it will be a real F-you to many. Sorry for the wording.

Wow…people get personal on this?? Haha! Thank you Vincent for your concern. You are a class act.

Please let this be the last thread on this!

Gotta love chengdu!

Participant

Haha….I was waiting for that one! No i am not pregnant! That was a rumor started by my own husband! It was a strategic move in saying to try to figure out who was who. So complicated.

We have no debts here! Out lease ended on Sunday! It was a matter of getting us to pay money to stay, pay a 100% rent incrase and lots of other more shady dealings of stealing the business.

We have been wanting to leave for awhile due to this stress, but it ended in a way that could not have been better for us. When we open bigger and better (a good chance here) it will be a real F-you to many. Sorry for the wording.

Wow…people get personal on this?? Haha! Thank you Vincent for your concern. You are a class act.

Please let this be the last thread on this!

Gotta love chengdu!

Keymaster
    Quote:
    When we open bigger and better (a good chance here) it will be a real F-you to many. Sorry for the wording.

I can only imagine the stress that comes with running a restaurant in Chengdu and all the hardship that surely comes with. I have described Chengdu’s development to people overseas by mentioning The Lazy Pug specifically, which is indicative of the kind of places that are possible in Chengdu now which never would have been even 5 years ago. Thanks for all your hard work, which so many of us benefited from!

Quote:
    Our favorite quote has always been ‘Living well is the best revenge’ (George Herbert) and we cannot think of a more fitting time to use it.

That is a smart move. Good luck with everything! Fingers crossed that you re-open in Chengdu.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    When we open bigger and better (a good chance here) it will be a real F-you to many. Sorry for the wording.

I can only imagine the stress that comes with running a restaurant in Chengdu and all the hardship that surely comes with. I have described Chengdu’s development to people overseas by mentioning The Lazy Pug specifically, which is indicative of the kind of places that are possible in Chengdu now which never would have been even 5 years ago. Thanks for all your hard work, which so many of us benefited from!

Quote:
    Our favorite quote has always been ‘Living well is the best revenge’ (George Herbert) and we cannot think of a more fitting time to use it.

That is a smart move. Good luck with everything! Fingers crossed that you re-open in Chengdu.

Participant

Thank you Charlie!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.