Internet Service & Speed in Chengdu

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionInternet Service & Speed in Chengdu

• This topic has 200 replies, 33 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Avatar photoPk_c.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 201 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Can anyone help me try to find the different service plans offered by China Telecom? Is it me or is this website just worthless?

http://en.chinatelecom.com.cn/index.html

It is not you, the largest Telecoms provider in China can’t even figure out a decent working website, and internets is their business!!

Retarded?

Bringing this thread back from the dead. I just got myself a apartment (hurrah! goodbye prison cell dorm room!).

It’s in JinJiang. My apartment building allows me to choose my internet service provider so I’m shopping for the fastest/most reliable ISP (willing to pay up to 200RMB/mo).

Could you all be so kind as to speedtest.net your connections again? And perhaps list your location.

I’m assuming that China Telecom is still the best. I don’t really know how to research this matter. The apt lobby had flyers for Aipu ISP. 4Mb down for 90RMB/mo (if signed up for a year).

Participant

Ziich, congrats on the new pad! Housewarming party soon?

RE: internet speed, you guys would be shocked at what i’m hitting. Glacial aint the word. 0.1 ks is not uncommon. Sometimes i make a coffee and come back, still waiting. Even a troglodyte struggles with this speed….

Keymaster

Telecom still gettin it done! Internet is faster at my home than in my office in the software park, no joke. Not to say that my home internet is fast by international standards but I routinely max it out at 500 kb/s on bit torrent and ordinary downloads. The cost is 120 / month.

I wouldn’t even mess with Aipu, and definitely not with Great Wall.

Keymaster

Ran the speed test again just now (5:20pm), here it goes:

1568780830.png

Participant

Apart from the speed, i’m pretty satisfied with China Telecom’s service. My repair/service guy comes out every time, helps me out, sometimes laughs at my computer -illiteracy, is friendly, and I never pay. I’m sure he has a laugh with the wife about this foreigner and his old computer….

Participant

Here’s mine 7:00pm with China Telecom. I usually max out around 300-400 kb/s with torrents, I think we paid around 450 RMB for 3 months.

1568902394.png

Participant

1568909084.png

China Telecom 7:05pm

Near hang kong lu

Definately make sure they give you the 4mbps.

Huge difference compared to my previous apartment

Participant

Apparently near Vincent, though currently VPN’d to the DC area. Will post without VPN later.

I’m not too sure of the accuracy of these tests as I’m currently getting just below 1MB/sec (which would be 8Mb/sec) on a download. 1.5MB/sec is the highest I’ve ever seen here, but lots of times I’m lucky to get 500KB/sec.

1568977033.png

Participant

Here is my result without VPN.1569017219.png

Participant

what the!!!! What China Telecom plan are you using?!

Participant

Chris – my co-worker has Aipu and said it is painfully slow. Probably not worth it.

Thanks for the love yall.

@7: W. T. F. mate. Info plz!

Keymaster
    Quote:
    what the!!!! What China Telecom plan are you using?!

Seriously, what kind of internet plan do you have? 1.5 mb/s in Chengdu is faster than anything I’ve ever seen or heard of here. I know they have 20mb connections available but they cost 5,000+ kuai a month the last time I checked.

Participant

^ I think you quoted the wrong post 🙂

Get in here 7!

Participant

Sorry guys, I really don’t know any details about the plan. Essentially, my building has the plan & I basically sublease from them.

Participant

Sorry guys, I really don’t know any details about the plan. Essentially, my building has the plan & I basically sublease from them.

Keymaster
    Quote:

Where do you live? Is internet included with your rent or is that separate? If it’s the latter, how much are you paying?

Keymaster
    Quote:

Where do you live? Is internet included with your rent or is that separate? If it’s the latter, how much are you paying?

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 201 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.