2012 New Music Thread

HomeForumsGeneral Discussion2012 New Music Thread

• This topic has 129 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Avatar photoTy.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 146 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’ve only listened to until the quiet comes once but I’d agree that it’s more accessible than his last album. I’ll wait till I’ve listened to it a few times more before saying anything else.

Has anybody listened to the new Gaslamp Killer yet? Gonna try and get on that sometime next week.

Participant

on the rock front, I’ve got a bit of an obsession with Deerhunter/Atlas Sound. The other fella out of Deerhunter has a band called Lotus Plaza. Their recent album was excellent.

And I know this isn’t new music, but I went to see tong yang in the east music park last night (same venue as Mono). 1100 people! Great to see that amount of people going wild… “Where ever there is oppression…there will be resistance” Got some pics and video that I’ll post up when I get the chance.

Quote:
    I just did, and I feel like I’ve been interfered with! I can’t work out if this guy is a complete piss take, or if everyone on the Psy train is ironically oblivious. Then I noticed ‘Gangham Style’ has 233 million views and it all made sense. Almost.

So what you’re saying is… You don’t like Gangnam Style?

Quote:
    So what you’re saying is… You don’t like Gangnam Style?

I think that is what I am saying yes, in more polite fashion than is deserving.

Keymaster

Just got the new Lupe Fiasco album! Really good as expected.

Lupe Fiasco – Around My Way

cccccombo breaker! some indie-folk for y’all

http://www.xiami.com/album/525056

I’ve had a couple of listens to Nathan Fake’s ‘Steam Days’ album now, and it’s definitely ‘Sad Vember’ and ‘Warble Epics’ that do it for me. ‘Old Light’ is a nice reminder of the brain melting madness in nights that was ’89-’90 for me when acid house was peaking too…

Participant

This new Freddie Gibbs mixtape may not be for everyone. But if you like gangsta rap, as I do, give this a try:

http://www.datpiff.com/pop-mixtape-download.php?id=m7073039

Participant

This new Freddie Gibbs mixtape may not be for everyone. But if you like gangsta rap, as I do, give this a try:

http://www.datpiff.com/pop-mixtape-download.php?id=m7073039

Participant

Okay, so I know it’s not that recent, but I’ve kind of lost touch with what’s ‘new’ music since arriving here. It is however still on my mp3 and I am still listening to it.

So here is my contribution, bit of cheesy euro dance music at its best…

Loreen: Euphoria

Participant

Okay, so I know it’s not that recent, but I’ve kind of lost touch with what’s ‘new’ music since arriving here. It is however still on my mp3 and I am still listening to it.

So here is my contribution, bit of cheesy euro dance music at its best…

Loreen: Euphoria

Participant

hello, anybody into aussie glitch-hop scene? 🙂

http://soundcloud.com/adapted-records/electrocado-floptapuss

Participant

Ke$ha – Die Young

One Direction – Live While We’re Young

Ya I went there. 😉

One Direction is the gayest boy band ever, which is pretty gay, because boy bands are pretty gay to begin with. Not hating, just saying.

Nicknack – Nobody Else

Lifeformed – The Magnetic Tree

Participant

You’re right. Kesha is better. -snickers-

Participant

Does anyone know of any dance music that mixes in Chinese instrumentation, like the ErHu, PiPa, or GuZheng?

My girlfriend is looking for some stuff that mixes in Chinese instrumentation. I told her I would ask the internet… any suggestions?

Participant

Does anyone know of any dance music that mixes in Chinese instrumentation, like the ErHu, PiPa, or GuZheng?

My girlfriend is looking for some stuff that mixes in Chinese instrumentation. I told her I would ask the internet… any suggestions?

Not sure if she can work with this, but it’s the first thing I thought of:

and other Shanghai Restoration Project stuff.

Not sure if she can work with this, but it’s the first thing I thought of:

and other Shanghai Restoration Project stuff.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 146 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.