2012 New Music Thread

HomeForumsGeneral Discussion2012 New Music Thread

• This topic has 129 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Avatar photoTy.
Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 146 total)
  • Author
    Participant

That Action Bronson tune – It seems Ghostface died and was reincarnated as a morbidly obese whiteman.

I mean, it’s a level of bitery that I’m not completely comfortable with.

Participant
    Quote:
    it’s a level of bitery that I’m not completely comfortable with.

Get on board man. Ghostface is down with Bronson, they even have a colab or two together. I’m not a huge hip hop head, but Action Bronson is one MC I just can’t get enough of.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    That Action Bronson tune – It seems Ghostface died and was reincarnated as a morbidly obese whiteman.

I mean, it’s a level of bitery that I’m not completely comfortable with.

Here’s what Ghostface has said about Action Bronson:

“Ayo this my dude rite here son. Word. Son came outta nowhere a couple years ago n its been on since that time nahmean. Look at how many joints he been doin…how many quality projects he done put together n whatever. Yeah n he be gettin the Ghostface comparisons…niggas say he sound like Tone or whatever whatever. But if you really actually pay attention son got his own style n the only real similarities is the voice namsayin. But I aint really sweatin none of that g. My mans got joints for days. He dont slack a minute. Son jus tears that beat open wit his bare hands n eats it right down to the skeleton over n over n over nahmean. He a beast yo. Son jus tramplin thru the jungle like a rhino knockin over trees n crashin into huts n shit on these tracks. This exactly what rap needed son.”

Participant
    Quote:
    Get on board man. Ghostface is down with Bronson, they even have a colab or two together. I’m not a huge hip hop head, but Action Bronson is one MC I just can’t get enough of.

I’m not necessarily not on board, I loved the tune with Riff Raff over that cloud rap beat. There he totally works, it’s just this tune sounds TOO much like a beat of a GF album and for me that’s getting too close to his idle. I don’t think biting is the right word, just taking the influence too far in this case. No doubt Bronson’s got his own voice.

If we’re doing the weirdo white rapper thing I’m all over in Rittz’s corner though:

Rittz – Questions 2012

EDIT ha that Ghost quote is gold. Nearly got a headache reading that shit. Reminds me of this:

Bigghostnahmean blogspot

Keymaster

Although I feel like I’m at the end of the line with dubstep in general, I got this Reso album yesterday and it’s good. It reminds me of Black Sun Empire, kind of a post-dubstep sound that is hip hop, IDM, and jazz influenced. There’s a good review of this album here: Reso – Tangram Review

Reso – Check 1, 2

Quote:
    I’m not necessarily not on board, I loved the tune with Riff Raff over that cloud rap beat. There he totally works, it’s just this tune sounds TOO much like a beat of a GF album and for me that’s getting too close to his idle. I don’t think biting is the right word, just taking the influence too far in this case. No doubt Bronson’s got his own voice.

I think their beats sound different, and I personally much prefer Bronson’s beats. That’s one reason why I probably prefer Bronson more overall, even with the enormous body of great music that Ghostface has. Ghostface is a lot more gangster and Bronson is often silly and just zany.

Quote:
    Bigghostnahmean blogspot

Ghost’s blog is one of my favorite blogs on the internet. He is always entertaining.

Keymaster

One more new album this week that I’ve been listening to a lot, Take the Stares, released by LA rapper Dumbfoundead.

Dumbfoundead – New Chick

Participant
    Quote:
    Although I feel like I’m at the end of the line with dubstep in general, I got this Reso album yesterday and it’s good. It reminds me of Black Sun Empire, kind of a post-dubstep sound that is hip hop, IDM, and jazz influenced. There’s a good review of this album here: Reso – Tangram Review

nice, you posted my favorite track from this album… im really happy to se more and more people producing glitch-hop/neurohop tracks around 100bpm, becouse this is last part of beat spectrum which was not explored by bassmusic scientist :)… especialy neurohop is extremly fastly growing genre… its just 8 months since kursa released his milestone set “lets call it neurohop” http://soundcloud.com/kursauk/lets-call-it-neurohop and now nearly every dnb/dubstep/electro but also psytrance producer has released own neurohop track :)…

Participant

These are great!

Keymaster
    Quote:
    im really happy to se more and more people producing glitch-hop/neurohop tracks around 100bpm, becouse this is last part of beat spectrum which was not explored by bassmusic scientist 🙂

Me too, it seemed like everything was either in the 130 or 160bpm range until the last 5 years and now everything from 70-110bpm is really open with multiple sub-genres! Neurohop is not something I’m even very familiar with – can you recommend any mixes for me to check out?

Quote:
    nearly every dnb/dubstep/electro but also psytrance producer has released own neurohop track :)…

I’ve noticed that with drum & bass producers especially, they all seemed to have jump ship. They all produce something else now!

Participant
    Participant
    Participant

beautiful

btw: how to post link with soundcloud player?

Participant

beautiful

Keymaster
    Quote:
    check this two sets… caliber music is leading label on neurohop scene

http://soundcloud.com/klo-e/wildcity-033-klo-presents-neurohop

http://soundcloud.com/calibermusic/sets/caliber-music-podcast/

Thanks, listening now! These sound good.

Quote:

I’m not sure, but I will see if there’s an easy way to make a shortcode for that like there is for Youtube clips.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    check this two sets… caliber music is leading label on neurohop scene

http://soundcloud.com/klo-e/wildcity-033-klo-presents-neurohop

http://soundcloud.com/calibermusic/sets/caliber-music-podcast/

Thanks, listening now! These sound good.

Quote:

I’m not sure, but I will see if there’s an easy way to make a shortcode for that like there is for Youtube clips.

Not new.

But recently I listen a lot to this when I need some cheering up…

Not new.

But recently I listen a lot to this when I need some cheering up…

Participant

Dope hip hop instrumental tape…. if you like that sort of thing.

http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2012/11/13/the-audible-doctor-and-i-love-her-instrumental-ep/

Participant

Didn’t realize that Dead Prez was dropping a new album.

Now Im not sure if I want to hear it.

dead prez – Information Age

That review is… ouch.

Participant

More dope instrumental hip hop:

http://locirecords.bandcamp.com/track/glass-stone

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 146 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.