2013 New Music Thread

HomeForumsGeneral Discussion2013 New Music Thread

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Participant

released today

Keymaster

Foals – My Number

Just got this album today, pretty good. I really like this video. Maybe this band Foals is well known in the UK? I hadn’t heard of them until a few weeks ago.

released today

Great break but man, what a bleak lead up. Never heard this original of this though. The last amen-break bar of the breakdown at 1:06 is an awesome drum & bass throwback.

http://music.dumbfoundead.com/

Dumbfoundead free album just dropped.

Keymaster

Dumbfoundead free album just dropped.

Download this! Good, free music. Dumb is definitely one of the most prolific independent hip hop artists out there. Two original albums released in the last 6 months alone. There’s a music video for the first single, 24KTWN:

Participant

Any views on Atoms for Peace yet?

I like – Amok, Stuck together pieces, Unless, so far from listening to it…

Tighter arrangements and instruments from his last album (Black Swan is a classic still though)

Thumbs up?

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Any views on Atoms for Peace yet?

I’m digging it. It sounds just like Radiohead to me, difficult to tell the two apart since Radiohead has moved in such an electronic direction in recent years. I saw Radiohead last year and they played everything off King of Limbs but I would have preferred to hear everything off Amok.

Participant
    Quote:
    I saw Radiohead last year and they played everything off King of Limbs but I would have preferred to hear everything off Amok.

I hear ya! Have not seen Radiohead in donkey’s years but would be intriguing to see Thom Yorke with that band he has put together for Atoms.

The new Mogwai album is also really good – Les Revenants Soundtrack (even though it’s a soundtrack it sounds like a completely new album)

http://soundcloud.com/rafael-alvarez-1/mogwai-wizard-motor

Participant

Participant

Big Sean – Guap

Participant

Hamburg weirdo DJ Koze out with a new album, really good stuff on here with tons of collaborations (such as with Caribou, Ada, Matthew Dear…)

On his label Pampa, the album is called “Amygdala”, highly recommended

http://soundcloud.com/pamparecords/dj-koze-feat-caribou-track-id

Keymaster

So much good music in 2013 already!

The new How to Destroy Angels (Trent Reznor, Atticus Ross) came out a few days ago.

How to Destroy Angels – How Long?

Plus the new STRFKR album is really good.

STRFKR – Atlantis

Plus, Atlas Genius, another new Australian band (Australia on fire recently).

Atlas Genius – Trojans

Quote:
    Hamburg weirdo DJ Koze out with a new album, really good stuff on here with tons of collaborations (such as with Caribou, Ada, Matthew Dear…)

This is really good…

K-os is one of my favortie artists- check out Joyful Rebellion and Atlantis, great albums.

Participant

Best album of the year?

Rhye

Psychic Ills

Pyshcic Ills – One more time

New Devendra is looking good.

fur-hildegard

Participant
    Participant

Anybody tried out the app Songza? It recommends playlists based on what you’re doing at a specific time of the day, and the playlists are really well put together. I can’t get enough of it, it gives you a huge variety of great music without having to interrupt whatever you’re doing to search for new songs.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Anybody tried out the app Songza? It recommends playlists based on what you’re doing at a specific time of the day, and the playlists are really well put together. I can’t get enough of it, it gives you a huge variety of great music without having to interrupt whatever you’re doing to search for new songs.

Yeah, Songza is great, I’ve been using it on and off for months. It’s like Pandora or Spotify without ads (and doesn’t require a VPN). Here’s a link: Songza on iTunes

Keymaster

New albums I’ve been listening to the last few weeks. I already mentioned the HTDA but I’m still listening to it a lot. The links below are all to these albums on Spotify.

chadvalley.jpg

Chad Valley – Young Hunger

emancipator.jpg

Emancipator – Dusk Till Dawn

htda.jpg

How to Destroy Angels – Welcome Oblivion

Participant

that emancipator album is awesome!

Participant

that emancipator album is awesome!

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 89 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.