2013 New Music Thread

HomeForumsGeneral Discussion2013 New Music Thread

Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Keymaster

New stuff, all Spotify links below, multiple genres:

Phaeleh – Tides on Spotify

Been waiting a long time for new Phaeleh and this doesn’t disappoint. Really bass-heavy futurebassy chill out music.

Mac Miller – Watching Movies with the Sound Off on Spotify

I kind of love and hate Mac Miller at the same time. He’s a weak lyricist overall but you can see that he’s matured a lot since the K.I.D.S. mixtape which brought him fame. Great beats on this album and overall better than the new Kanye West album Yeezus.

Action Bronson – SAAAB Stories produced by Harry Fraud on Spotify

Every shot is a hit with Action Bronson and this one is the same deal. Incredible production, good verses, and some solid features. Harry Fraud is amazing – as amazing as the Alchemist in my opinion (who Action did his last mixtape with, Rare Chandeliers). Some of the features are ridiculous and funny, like Big Body (“I’m out here wylin”). Some hooks from this mixtape can get stuck in my head all day, especially Triple Backflip:

I need the gators just to match the vest,
    Have my apprentice put the stainless to a bastards chest,
    Come out the sweatsuit, do a triple backflip into the red coupe,
    *Screech*
    We out

Surfer Blood – Pythons on Spotify

I like Surfer Blood, they sound like a 1990’s alternative band. Melodic and chilled out and actually reminiscent of surf music.

Participant

New Wiley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUBHXGvosNs&feature=youtu.be

Zomby – With Love, superb album. I’m just a wee bit pissed off how short the tracks are. Think this is the longest one on the album, 3.39…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbjF9c-4M4Q

Participant
    Participant

Been listening to a lot of Four Tet and Darkside.

Keymaster

Baauer & RL Grime – Infinite Daps

The long-awaited collaboration between two dons of trap. Incredible track title as well.

One more track I’m feeling:

Swto – Liz (Arnold x Lil Texas Remix)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEXjSGyP28I

One quick note: to add a Youtube clip to this thread, all you have to do is copy and paste the Youtube video URL on its own line.

New Burial

Beautiful!! The music the other day at the Kode9 show was so good. Really a shame that the sound system wasn’t up to the task, but the music was fantastic. There’s not a recording of that set, or any of his sets in China, is there? If there is that would be amazing.

Participant

The Range – Nonfiction

Missed this when it was first released but caught it on the pitchfork end of year list. Really good album.

Participant

recommend me a good Christmas music.

Keymaster

2014 is here! 2014 New Music Thread

Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.