2nd hand bike wanted

HomeForumsClassifiedsMarketplace2nd hand bike wanted

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hi there,

I need a second hand bike but I don’t know where to get it, nor do I know many people yet, so if you want to sell one or know someone who wants to sell one, please let me and my feet know as soon as possible! 🙂

Thanks,

Isa

Participant

hongwasi to Jiuyanqiao , right, side of the road non-motorized vehicle parking spots, there are many sale second-hand bicycle. You can go to choose with you friends, remember to bargain.

Last weekend, I lost my 9th bicycle in Chengdu ~

good luck

TIPS for future: maybe u can find ur stolen bike right there, Jiuyanqiao

Keymaster

That sucks you lost another bicycle Shinichi 🙁

Jiuyan qiao is where most people go to buy used bikes in Chengdu. It’s hit and miss but sometimes you can get lucky and get a good bike for a few hundred yuan.

Participant

thank you

I dont want lost bicycle…but maybe I will buy a bike again

Thanks, everyone 🙂

I have already assumed my future bike will get stolen sooner or later… but until then, I need to save in “sanlunches” getting to chuanda! hee hee.

Just to have an approximate idea, how much should I pay for a 2nd hand bike with brakes that work? It’s the first time I’m buying one… back in Hangzhou there was a marvellous public bike service and I didn’t need to get one of my own.

Isa

Keymaster

Hi Isa,

You can pay anywhere from 150-400 yuan for a used bike. I recommend trying it out before you buy it, test everything and negotiate accordingly. Find something to complain about on the bike and negotiate the price down, then get it fixed at a shop later for a few kuai. I recently got a bike for a friend at Jiuyan Qiao for 150 yuan, it was in kind of poor shape but I got it fixed up at a shop for 10 yuan afterwards and now it works fine!

Participant

Yes.

Bargain and repair.

Second-hand bicycles, in addition to the purchase price but also need to prepare for repairs, 2 yuan to tens of dollars,

More than 200 bicycles, repairs may be higher.

If you buy from a friend, you can fix it in advance

Thank you! 🙂

Participant

Based on your comments a friend and I took the bus to the 九眼桥北 bus stop. Maybe we got off at the wrong stop. I asked some guy where I can buy used bikes he told us to go down and ask someone at the corner. We ended up somewhere over here, when a man and a woman asked us if we were looking to buy bikes. They took us down an alley past a mahjong gambling den into a small room with a bunkbed and about 8 bikes. They closed the door and the guy promptly started puffing on a cigarette asking how much we wanted to spend. We didn’t end up buying from him. He wanted 400 something kuai for an 18 speed bike. We wandered around looking for the real used bike lot you all are talking about. Couldn’t find it. We ended up a long ways away at Chunxilu and Tianfu square. Finally we ended up at TrustMart and I bought a cheap-o brand new bike for 199 kuai.

1178039224_EUXWR-S.jpg

Keymaster

Those bike dens will really test your negotiating skills. Once the cigarettes come out you know it’s on, hahah.

200 yuan isn’t bad for a new bike though! The last thing that comes to mind is to make sure you read the post on how to prevent your bike from getting stolen.

good learning and will try it at jiuyanqiao area, if i am not lucky, maybe buy in trsut mart, thanks

yeap my aunt stays right at jiuyanqiao, they have good supplies of 2nd hand bike there~

Chris~

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Marketplace’ is closed to new topics and replies.