5-Year China Work Visa?

HomeForumsGeneral Discussion5-Year China Work Visa?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Does anybody know the current status regarding the 5 year working visa rule.

Keymaster

5 year working visa? I’ve never heard of this. Is it a Z-visa?

Participant

Officially you can only have 5 z visas then you have to leave the country for 1 year, but they have never really stuck to this rule. Recently I have heard of some cities get tough with the 5 year rule.

Participant

I’ve been working on this issue as well. Got trouble with govs docs cos there are plenty of them required to go through the process.

Participant

I’ve been working on this issue as well. Got trouble with govs docs cos there are plenty of them required to go through the process.

Participant

Participant

A few years ago it was being enforced. A friend had to leave for 6 months. It used to be if you’d been here for 5 years continually working, without exiting the country. I believe the number of people affected was quite small, since most people leave for a holiday at least. Not sure about the current rules…

Participant

A few years ago it was being enforced. A friend had to leave for 6 months. It used to be if you’d been here for 5 years continually working, without exiting the country. I believe the number of people affected was quite small, since most people leave for a holiday at least. Not sure about the current rules…

Participant

Participant

I think this rule is still in affect. My current teaching job told me their previous teacher had to leave China because he had been working with them for 5 years strait. He will return next year.

Participant

I think this rule is still in affect. My current teaching job told me their previous teacher had to leave China because he had been working with them for 5 years strait. He will return next year.

Participant

Participant

You can stay in china but you need to change the kind of visa you have. So move to a marriage visa or a student visa for 6 months then reapply for a Z visa.

Participant

You can stay in china but you need to change the kind of visa you have. So move to a marriage visa or a student visa for 6 months then reapply for a Z visa.

Participant

Participant

I know a few long-term expats (Beijing mainly) that came to 5 consecutive years in China on z visas. They just had to leave China for a 30 day period before the fifth year was up then re-enter on the same visa. Does anyone know if this is different province to province?

Participant

I know a few long-term expats (Beijing mainly) that came to 5 consecutive years in China on z visas. They just had to leave China for a 30 day period before the fifth year was up then re-enter on the same visa. Does anyone know if this is different province to province?

Participant

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.