Acupuncture Recommendations?

HomeForumsIn ChengduAcupuncture Recommendations?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

I have never done acupuncture in Chengdu but I am interested in giving it a shot. Strangely, although there are massage places everywhere, I do not seem to come across many acupuncture places in the South of the city.

Does anyone have any experiences or recommendations to share on where to go? Thanks in advance-

Participant

Given that acupuncture involves potential problems through misapplication, reuse of needles, lack of training I would opt for a modern clean health clinic such as the CDHT community health centre in Dayang Tigou Tunnel off Chuangye Road where it meets the start of Jingkun Expressway. (left side of Chuangye Rd as you head south and the clinic is half way along Dayang Tigou Tunnel on the left as you head east) Don’t expect them to speak much English. Rush hour is between 9.00am to 11.00am when it’s full of pensioners and mothers/children but after that it is pleasantly very quiet. Pricing is modest and you have a couple of GPs readily available. Physiotherapy dept occupies the first floor (up one flight of stairs) and payment is at reception on the ground floor in advance. Taking your passport is advisable.

However, having experienced acupuncture, I have rejected it in favour of infra red heat lamp and electrotherapy for muscular problems but acupuncture will provide a sensation of warming at the affected site followed by pain relief for a couple of hours.

Keymaster

That information is super useful. I had the same concerned about hygiene and needle use, so I will check out the CDHT community health center. I have been doing cupping intermittently for years but have never done acupuncture here so I figured it was worth a shot. Thanks again.

Participant

Small correction:  “is half way along Dayang Tigou Tunnel on the left”  should read ” is half way along Dayang Tigou Tunnel on the right “.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.