Advice Needed on Aquarium

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionAdvice Needed on Aquarium

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Participant

@Merior: thanks man. I’m hoping to check this out. Been looking for a bow-tie for my cat…there were rumours that the mega-famous Japanese internet cat Maru was gonna make an appearance, but apparently these reports are false..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maru_(cat)

Participant

@Merior: thanks man. I’m hoping to check this out. Been looking for a bow-tie for my cat…there were rumours that the mega-famous Japanese internet cat Maru was gonna make an appearance, but apparently these reports are false..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maru_(cat)

Participant

@Ray: In my experience your cat will be impressed with the idea of playing with a bow tie as long as he’s not going to have to wear it (unless he’s brain dead). Perhaps we could run a book to see how long it would take him to remove it. My advice would be to save your money for a laser pointer as probably the best cat toy and one which wont involve you in getting any exercise but will leave you with a super fit cat (unless it’s got heart problems).

Participant

@Ray: In my experience your cat will be impressed with the idea of playing with a bow tie as long as he’s not going to have to wear it (unless he’s brain dead). Perhaps we could run a book to see how long it would take him to remove it. My advice would be to save your money for a laser pointer as probably the best cat toy and one which wont involve you in getting any exercise but will leave you with a super fit cat (unless it’s got heart problems).

Participant

@lino: Basic advice on setting up an aquarium to house a variety of relatively small compatible fish.

http://aquarticles.com/articles/management/Menon_Setting_Up.html

Participant

@lino: Basic advice on setting up an aquarium to house a variety of relatively small compatible fish.

http://aquarticles.com/articles/management/Menon_Setting_Up.html

Participant

@Ray: The “Big” Pet Expo at Century City is non existent. They just had a dozen breeders of Tibetan mastiffs in the car park trying to sell some VERY badly bred and dirty dogs along with puppies. When fully grown you would need to buy an apartment just for the dog. A few of the puppies were properly presented though but almost certainly overpriced. There were a couple of cats there – British blues. Only one of which was for sale (a 3 month old kitten) at the asking price of a mere 10,000+ RMB (UK price, say 3,500 RMB). Very good quality though by China standards.

So no stalls selling anything and certainly not any cat bow ties for that Charlie Chaplin image.

Participant

Man, did you go inside? No Maru? Not saying I’m a Maru groupie, but would i line up for say, 4 or 5 hours to see Maru? Hell yes..

Participant

There was only one exhibition that we could see and that was for medical equipment – the wife was happy with that so not a completely wasted trip. The other halls did not appear to be in use and there were no ticket booths or banners as there usually is for an exhibition. Even the medical exhibition was in the process of packing up. There weren’t even any masses of people that would indicate an event such as a pet show.

We only discovered the dogs in the 2/3rds empty car park purely by chance because we chose to leave the site by a different exit. So my money says there was no pet show and since I have already been caught out by official internet adverts for this location advertising events that turned out to be completely the wrong date then I am hardly surprised.

If I am wrong then I stand to be corrected but unless you are a Tibetan Mastiff freak of have 10,000+ RMB to splash out on a kitten then I wouldn’t bother.

Participant

MARU!!! too bad it is a rumor.. i follow his blog everyday, i will fly to japan immediately if i could just play with him for awhile. 🙂

Participant

Merior, thanks man, U saved me a wasted trip. Re: the cat bow-tie: someone has stolen my idea!

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/358tlz/

@Ng So Fan; glad to hear of another maru fan. Forget about all these new internet celebrity cats (like Grumpy Cat). Maru is the original and the best…

Participant

cat bow-tie? Dude, I have a 2 year old photo of my white tiger rockin a bow tie with a cat-smile on his face. Nothin new. 😀

Participant

Here’s my mao mao with a xmas hat and bells

maomaoxmas_zps9a3f5fb0.jpg

Here’s papa with his bowtie

papatie_zpsae5167a1.jpg

I have little halloween hats for them too – one little ‘ducky’ cap and one little ‘moose’ cap, have photos of them wearing the little hats proudly too, but can’t find ’em atm. You can buy all this stuff on taobao!

Participant

@rick in China, if you ever need a cat-sitter, please let me know. 🙂

Participant

That much feline awesomeness could break the internet….

Participant

You know, it is said we are just like the ancient Egyptians: posting on walls and worshipping cats 🙂

I thank you all for the advice, but due to unforseen circumstances it would seem I am moving to an aquarium free apartment 🙁

Participant

Time for a compromise – get a cat fish!

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.