Advice on Studying and Living in Chengdu?

HomeForumsIn ChengduAdvice on Studying and Living in Chengdu?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

As the title indicate, I’m looking for a yearly Mandarin language program, but before a little background, I’m 24 years old, I live in Algeria, I will have my master degree in June, in Audience Studies, I’m also working in a multinational company, in customer services department, I can speak arabic (native language) French (we can say native also, I began learning this language since the kindergarten) and also English, (lack vocabulary, but I can handle daily conversation) Last month I was in Hong Kong, (I know they speak Cantonese, but I’m getting there =) … ) I fell in love with the Asian culture, the people, the life over there, everything, it was just amazing, so I want to continue exploring this side of the planet, China seems to be a good place to start (well to be honest I’m hesitating with Korea) so about my main concern, is the program offered by Chengdu University good for a person with zero Mandarin knowledge ? is the life at Chengdu good ? (I read the article here, it did motivate me to come here and asking you some questions) Can I rent an apartment (with a little budget)

I’m planning to get there next year, and I want to spend a whole year (or plus if I can) : is that any work opportunities for a person like me ? part time (when I will be studying the Language) and full time (after the studying life ) I still have so much questions, but I already asked a lot =)

Please and Thank you
    Peace!

Keymaster

Hi,

Chengdu is a good place to live if you’re interested in being in a rapidly-growing city. There are a lot of unique opportunities in Chengdu and a few hardships, which are exasperated in the winter months (pollution being chief among them).

It’s hard to answer for you though not knowing very much about what’s most important to you. I would recommend visiting Chengdu to see if it’s a good fit for you. Even if you don’t decide to live here, it’s a great place to visit and there are a ton of outstanding places to visit within a few hours of the city.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.