Buying the Xiaomi Air Filter

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionBuying the Xiaomi Air Filter

• This topic has 13 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Avatar photoBen.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Finally convinced my girlfriend to get the Xiaomi Air Smart Filter reviewed by Charlie in August. However in checking links I note it’s now called Millet (MI) with the link now going to Millet (MI) website where it’s priced at 899 rmb but no ordering information, whilst the JD link also lists it as Millet (MI) with the price listed as 999rmb.

Would appreciate an update and/or clarity on this situation (where to buy, best pricing, recommended supplier, etc.).  Any ideas on time for delivery or tis there now a store that sells them in Chengdu?

Posting from New Zealand

Keymaster

The first place to get it is directly from Xiaomi on their website: Mi.com. You will have to create a Mi account to make the purchase but you will need one of those anyway when you own and manage the filter.

The other place to get it is from JD.com. The price is the same and when I ordered mine it was delivered within 2 days.

Participant

I brought a couple from jd for about 850 each. Reason for Jd is they takes cash on delivery.

btw the 2nd gen mi purifier is going to be roughly  100 rmb cheaper. (But currently nowhere in-stock)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Keymaster

I just noticed yesterday that there’s a second generation unit.

But right now I have a more pressing issue: where to get replacement filters for the Xiaomi Air? The Xiaomi website seems to be sold out and JD.com has vendors selling the same thing at a higher price, but even those are sold out it seems. Anything to do other than wait until January?

I have gone back to using Smart Air filters for the time being.

Participant

@Charlie: bad time to need a filter. YuLin just hit 330 pm 2.5 🙁

Keymaster

@Charlie: bad time to need a filter. YuLin just hit 330 pm 2.5 :(

Right?! I really want to know what’s going on with these Xiaomi replacement filters.

Participant

I bought mine on jd.com – I don’t recall the price and it’s not in my history… often JD seems to have a tiny premium over mi directly, but it should be tiny…

Participant

Just out of curiosity: how often should you replace filters on these Xiaomi purifiers and how much are they?

Keymaster

Just out of curiosity: how often should you replace filters on these Xiaomi purifiers and how much are they?

I think you replace them every 3 months or so (the air filter tells you when to swap them) and the cost is 169 rmb. Here’s the product page on Mi.com

Participant

Quick question. How does the auto mode actually work? To me it seems like it just stays on the exact same fan speed the entire time, regardless of air quality…?

Quick question. How does the auto mode actually work? To me it seems like it just stays on the exact same fan speed the entire time, regardless of air quality…?

That is what happens when it senses that the air quality is ok. If it senses an increase in PM2.5 then the fan speed will increase.

Participant

Shortly after I started this thread last November to assist my girlfriend who lives in Chengdu (I live in NZ), Chengdu pollution readings went through the roof (that’s not to imply they’re low now … it’s all relative) and if I recall readings went through the roof in other parts of China as well. Subsequently all units were sold out and none were available for some time.

Can anyone please update me on the current situation regarding unit (and filter) availability, and indulge my ignorance to provide me updated information on where & how someone can now obtain a unit. It would be very much appreciated.

Participant

I ordered a 2nd Gen from the JD link Charlie posted a few replies above on Sunday, late night. They ship from Beijing and it arrived Wednesday.

The Mi website itself didn’t allow me to click Chengdu though. The order button went grey when I selected that city.

I purchase filters using the xiaomi smart home app – the same app you use to control the air purifier. I just checked and they currently have stock of both the air purifier v2 (699RMB) and filters (169RMB).

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.