Air Pollution Hit 350 Today

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionAir Pollution Hit 350 Today

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Does anybody have a clue what causes this sudden rise in PM10 today? There is some wind allright… Is there anything about this in the local news?

Participant

I checked with a friend on the Chinese website over 1000. Mianyang is just as bad today so must be the Sichuan basin area.

Participant

But we were in the Sichuan basin area yesterday too, Ian… what makes it so bad today, especially for PM10, while PM2.5 looks about average for this filthy city?

Participant

PM10 is among the most harmful of all air pollutants. When inhaled these particles evade the respiratory system’s natural defenses and lodge deep in the lungs.

Participant

PM2.5 is even worse…

Participant

ACID RAIN, COME ON!!!

Participant

Just got message Chengdu 1017 beyond index

Participant

Seen that movie “The Road” with Viggo Mortgenson? Chengdu looks like that place…

Participant

I don’t want to be eaten by cannibals

Participant

1008 now.. ONE THOUSAND AND FUCKEN EIGHT!!! HOLY SHIT!!! Im at the panda base area and its shitty here…

Participant

Wow, how is that even possible? Just checked some other cities, Xining actually hit 1874 PM10 recently. What the hell are they doing that makes it so high all of a sudden? Are there active volcanoes blowing up all over China right now?

Participant

Only been in Chengdu a week and I am alerady suffering from the pollution, my lungs are absolutely shot to shit and keep coughing. What is the deal with pollution looking even worse after midnight? Was up at 1am and could barely see anything from my window bar the bright neon signs of various buildings in the area, which even I can tell is unusual.

Participant

If you are suffering from the pollution, close all your windows and blast your mother’lovin air purifier! Dont forget to buy extra filters, i dont think my filters can take this constant pollution.

Participant

Checked my math, it looks like we had about 1ppm PM2.5+PM10 last night, or about 1mg of dirt for every cubic meter of air.

Participant

Yeah my super-pricey air purifier is showing 5 red bars in my living room. That means very bad air, even with windows closed. Cat must be farting alot (always blame the cat for farts)…

Participant

Ray, what type of air purifier do you use?

Participant

Oh man, i’m almost embarrassed to say: an Amway one. I got it for cost from a cult member/ good friend, so it was a good deal. They are pricey but it’s very good and has excellent (independent) reviews. best thing is the remote control and the air quality readout. apparently if used 24/7 for one year it costs 25 kuai total in power bill (i find this hard to believe)

DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT AN AMWAY CULT MEMBER. I WILL NOT TRY TO SELL YOU THEIR SHIT.

According to some Chinese i spoke about this the reason for the current high rates is a sandstorm somewhere around Sichuan that blew up all the dirt in the air. Burning fields is something usually is done in May, so a bit early for that.

I’m not an expert on this level, actually just parroting what I was told, but it did make sense to me so why not share it…

Quote:
    DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT AN AMWAY CULT MEMBER. I WILL NOT TRY TO SELL YOU THEIR SHIT.

But if you would like one I could probably hook you up!

😀

Participant

Amway, scammers r us!

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.