Airport Round Trip Driver Needed

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionAirport Round Trip Driver Needed

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi

Next month I need to go to the airport and am so worried about hailing a taxi and being late I don’t want to miss my flight it has cost me 7 months salary.

Does anyone know or can suggest someone trustworthy such as a driver or taxi company who can offer a round trip to the airport from my apartment and then collect me once I come back in 2 weeks time.

I would appreciate any suggestions and a bonus would be someone who can help out in English thank you.

Diamond

Participant

hey hi, when do you need a taxi? honestly, you have no need to worry about this, the only thing you need to do is writing down the words 双流机场 in a paper and show it to the driver. oh, time management is important. Avoid the traffic peak time, approximately one hour from the downtown area to the airport. If you still need help, I can help you out.

Keymaster

Call this guy: Mr Wang 1-355-111-2510

He’ll pick you up wherever you are and take you wherever you want to go. Tell him Charlie gave you the number. He’s reliable but you’ll need to speak Chinese with him.

Participant

Hi guys thanks for the information.

Does anyone know how much a one way or round trip to the airport would cost because I don’t want to get ripped off. One guy has offered a round trip for 400 Rmb and another 500 Rmb which seems so expensive but I have nothing to compare to so any ideas on how much I should be paying for? I am located in the south of the city near Ikea don’t know if that is further or closer to the airport.

Also what if I hailed a taxi with the meter running would that be okay. Any advice would be appreciated as I have been ripped off too many times since being in Chengdu that it would be nice not to keep losing money like water out the hand.

Diamond

Participant

Hi Diamond, well, actually it is too expensive.

I took a taxi from A location approximately 22km to the airport in July this year, and it cost me around 70 RMB one way including the airport toll. and your location is close to Ikea which is at B, about 15km to the airport, so It should be cheaper than mine. It might need about 50-60RMB, I suppose

Keymaster

If you’re traveling from Ikea to the airport, roundtrip, it should be in the neighborhood of 80 yuan. I doubt it’d be over 100 if you’re going by the meter. If you don’t know exactly how much something should cost in a taxi, always insist on using the meter!

Participant

my cost last time was based on the meter and as I said the cost should be below 70 by using the meter, of course without traffic jam. 🙂

Participant

Hi everyone thank you so much for your advice I am going to use a normal taxi and insist on using the meter. I can not believe the quotes I got for 400 to 500 Rmb compared to what I have read on this forum I can breathe now so thank you all.

Diamond

The best thing to do as Reese has suggested, is to avoid peak times if possible. I recently took a taxi from downtown to the airport at 6am, no traffic in sight, and it cost me 60 RMB including the 10 RMB highway toll. The journey was also much quicker, at something like 30 minutes.

Participant

RE: taxi back from airport – don’t use the taxis at the exit gate yelling “taxi” – it’s not a taxi, and if you don’t speak Chinese you’ll get screwed. Even if you do..actually.

Just go to domestic terminal exit at the end of the airport and you’ll see the new taxi line. It’s a lineup along the taxi “row” where the taxis park in stalls like /////// and a dude will be there to point you to the taxi for you. The taxi drivers will all use the meter (at least I’ve not experienced one who doesn’t or needs negotiation) and you just need to say where you’re going, have it written down if you can’t say it properly.. I’ve never had to utilize chinese or have any sort of conversation with one, just say destination, done – not much chance of being ripped off. Expect to pay only like 30-40rmb to Ikea, for the return trip. There are taxis there early morning and late night, and usually a lot of them.

Keymaster

Yeah, that’s the best move at the airport. When you exit the building, head to your right and you’ll see the taxi’s in a line there. Ignore anyone who approaches you.

Participant

Quite correct, like those guys suggested. If you can write your address in chinese, that might be better 🙂

Participant

Thanks I feeling much confident in just hailing a taxi to go to the airport with out paying a fortune and Rick I owe you one about the tip on where to get a taxi from the airport.

I am one of those of people who is a bit naive and pay whatever a person asks for thinking that maybe there honest enough not to lie to me but being here in Chengdu has taught me many lessons be smart I will try to be anyway.

I have my home address in Chinese so will show it the driver as I have never been to the aiport since arriving in China so was worried about being late and not getting ripped off.

Thanks everyone

Diamond

Charlie, would like to know more abt MrWang. Is he a taxi driver or a part-timer driver etc?? What car does he drive? I am interested to try him for some outskirt trips. Is he a safe driver?

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Charlie, would like to know more abt Mr Wang. Is he a taxi driver or a part-timer driver etc?? What car does he drive? I am interested to try him for some outskirt trips. Is he a safe driver?

He’s an unofficial taxi driver. He doesn’t have a meter in his car but he’s a professional driver. He’s friendly, punctual, and a safe driver.

thanks 4 d info. if u know of any other reliable “mini-van drivers”, do gimme a shout.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    thanks 4 d info. if u know of any other reliable “mini-van drivers”, do gimme a shout.

I don’t have the number of one but they aren’t hard to find. If you call Mr Wang he can probably refer you to someone.

great info …I was just looking for a reliable driver in Chengdu also. I guess Mr. Wang will be quite busy soon.

Thanks guys.

Participant

There’s a mini-van driver I’d been using for over a year named Yang Bing (13658058464) for airport pickups and Panda park runs. But he’s increased his airport pickup fee to 120 kuai. So I found another guy, Tang 师父 (13438867795), who will still do an airport pickup for 70 kuai. Hope it goes well with Mr. Tang.

It’s nice to have a driver with a van to do airport pickups when you’re getting more than one person. There’s more luggage and can be hard to fit everyone and the luggage in a single taxi cab. Plus its nice to not have to wait in the taxi line.

I’ve also used another Mr. Wang before (13018228136) who has a nice comfortable sedan.

I’d still call Yang Bing though to take visitors to see the variety show. He got me good seats and provides a ride for free. http://trudat.info/2011/04/fu-rong-guo-cui-chengdu-variety-show/

Keymaster
    Quote:
    I found another guy, Tang ?? (13438867795), who will still do an airport pickup for 70 kuai. Hope it goes well with Mr. Tang.

Does Tang speak any English? I have a friend arriving tonight from the States at 11pm when I’ll be at Disco Death. I was thinking hire a driver to pick him up but my friend doesn’t speak Chinese and I’m not sure if that will be an issue.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 41 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.