Airport Round Trip Driver Needed

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionAirport Round Trip Driver Needed

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I don’t think Tang speaks English. You could call and ask him if he could stand by the exit with a placard. If you use Tang shift, please let me know how it goes. I hear he has a pretty old minivan, but its clean. One good thing is that it seems that he speaks pretty standard Mandarin rather than Chengdu-hua.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    I don’t think Tang speaks English. You could call and ask him if he could stand by the exit with a placard. If you use Tang shift, please let me know how it goes. I hear he has a pretty old minivan, but its clean. One good thing is that it seems that he speaks pretty standard Mandarin rather than Chengdu-hua.

I called my driver and he quoted me 120. Then I called your guy and he said 100, so he’s picking up my buddy and I will meet Tang tonight. You were right, he does speak fine Mandarin, sounds like an educated fellow.

He asked me how I got his number, I was like “Uh… guy from the internet” (what is your name?)

Participant

I think he gave me 70 kuai because my office mate who has used him a lot called for me. With Tan shift, he goes by Xiao Cheng. I just told him I’m Xiao Cheng de pengyou.

Truman

Keymaster

Right on. Well thanks, Truman.

Mine is Mr. Cai, 138-8201-3403. Nice guy. Very polite and punctual. He charges 100 yuan one way from the Waterfront to the airport.

@ Mina : Wow 100 yuan, isn’t that expensive ? Usually it’s a friend who drive me there but, if I remembered correctly, last time I went back I only paid 40-45 yuan with a regular taxi.

@ Mina : Wow 100 yuan, isn’t that expensive ? Usually it’s a friend who drive me there but, if I remembered correctly, last time I went back I only paid 40-45 yuan with a regular taxi.

truman, rmb70 airport pick-up. where’s your destination?

I’d used Cai as well. Mini van rmb100 airport pickup from downtown. It can be cheaper if you’ve more passengers+luggages which can’t fit in a normal taxi boot

@Guigz: 40-50 yuan including highway fee? If yes then I’d better start looking for a new driver…

mina, it all boils down to the mileage covered. I took a taxi LKF to airport late last nite, rmb48+10tollfee, no traffic jam. He “drives” as if he’s rushing for his reincarnation!

moichoo: LOL they all rush as if were their last chance wherever they go. I think I’ll try to find another driver or take a regular cab during off-peak hours.

mina, surprisingly enuf, the taxi we took home after our sending off was superb. The best ever taken during our 1yr+ stay in Chengdu. It costed rmb53 metered but we paid 60 🙂

moichoo, lucky you! I’ve only been here for barely a month and am still in the freak-out phase with cabs. But I’ll get used to it, no biggie.

I will try to get a number and a price from my company they’re used to work with some. Nevermind 100 yuan is that we’ll pay to do 100 meters in a parisian cab ! Ahahah

Who’d want to take a taxi in Paris?…Moi jamais…

A guy leaving club at 4 am and living in the suburbs !

Participant

Hi everyone I was the one who put the question up on the forum about a roundtrip airport driver and will update you. Firstly I was cra**ing myself about getting transport sorted out as a non Chinese speaker. On the day of leaving I dragged my massive suitcase which was a pain due to one wheel getting jammed with small stones on the driveway, saw a taxi hailed it and jumped in it, driver took 20 minutes and drove so fast while blaring dance music and charged 50 Rmb from near Ikea. I was so early at the airport but secretly enjoyed watching a group tour of 30 Chinese people all wearing red caps, push and shove others to get to the front of the check in line because they were running late. I have never seen people throw luggage so fast in my life, the checking in people have the reflexes of Mr Mohammed Ali, to the left and right and bang on the belt it goes.

On the way back thank you ‘Rick in China’ for the tip I walked by the people who were shouting TAXI and charging 300 to 500 Rmb are you kidding me, one woman grabbed my arm and was dragging me out to the car park so I told her that I would only pay 25 Rmb and took it out my pocket she unleeched off me so quickly. I joined the queue got a taxi, threw in my bags and the driver put on the meter and it cost 46 Rmb to my apartment. I was so relieved and the panic attacks can now stop so a massive thank you to you all for helping a nervous traveller.

Cheers all and best wishes for the coming year 2012

Diamond

Keymaster

I need a mianbaoche driver tomorrow evening – anyone know anybody aside from Mr Tang and Mr Wang listed above? Both of them are unavailable due to Chunjie.

Participant

Mr. Cai, an old friend of mine (里克), and all of the proximity butterfly, San sheng Xiang etc folks as their gig driver

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.