Airport to Chengdu and vice versa…

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionAirport to Chengdu and vice versa…

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

What are the most convenient methods of transport (outside of owning a car) between Chengdu and the airport? And what are the costs of each?

Thanks.

Keymaster

Going to the airport:

Taxi – from the south of Chengdu it’s about 50 yuan including the 10 yuan toll which is what the airport express highway costs.

Bus – 10 kuai if I remember correctly and leaves from various hotels, etc. Not really convenient unless you have a lot of time.

Coming back from the airport:

Taxi – Stand in line and catch a cab to where ever you want to go. You can take the airport express highway out of there but you won’t pay the 10 kuai fee. Convenient but sometimes the line is long. About 40-50 yuan to get to the US consulate district in the South.

Bus – 10 kuai, leaves every 15 minutes or so and goes from the airport to Renmin Nanlu and then goes North to Tianfu Square and then further north. Stops at various points, the first being just past the consulate road on Renmin Nanlu.

Illegal taxi – There will be people saying “Taxi! Taxi!” at the airport and these are just people with cars who will drive you where ever you want to go. Cost is usually higher than a taxi and you’ll have to negotiate hard. If you’re white they’ll try to charge you 80-100 yuan.

Keymaster

Going to the airport:

Taxi – from the south of Chengdu it’s about 50 yuan including the 10 yuan toll which is what the airport express highway costs.

Bus – 10 kuai if I remember correctly and leaves from various hotels, etc. Not really convenient unless you have a lot of time.

Coming back from the airport:

Taxi – Stand in line and catch a cab to where ever you want to go. You can take the airport express highway out of there but you won’t pay the 10 kuai fee. Convenient but sometimes the line is long. About 40-50 yuan to get to the US consulate district in the South.

Bus – 10 kuai, leaves every 15 minutes or so and goes from the airport to Renmin Nanlu and then goes North to Tianfu Square and then further north. Stops at various points, the first being just past the consulate road on Renmin Nanlu.

Illegal taxi – There will be people saying “Taxi! Taxi!” at the airport and these are just people with cars who will drive you where ever you want to go. Cost is usually higher than a taxi and you’ll have to negotiate hard. If you’re white they’ll try to charge you 80-100 yuan.

Participant

Yeah, there are two buses, 300 and 300 to the airport. From the airport, i usually find that taking the bus is simple, compared to the rugby scrum that forms around the taxis. Actually, the bus is pretty awesome; just buy a ticket directly, it leaves when full (that happens quickly) and it gets to Minshan Hotel and renmin nan lu quickly, since it only stops a few times.

Yeah, some of the taxi drivers around the airport are not the exactly highest forms of humanity….

Participant

Yeah, there are two buses, 300 and 300 to the airport. From the airport, i usually find that taking the bus is simple, compared to the rugby scrum that forms around the taxis. Actually, the bus is pretty awesome; just buy a ticket directly, it leaves when full (that happens quickly) and it gets to Minshan Hotel and renmin nan lu quickly, since it only stops a few times.

Yeah, some of the taxi drivers around the airport are not the exactly highest forms of humanity….

Participant

Sorry, my editor jsut informed me: buses 300 and 303 (as opposed to 300 and 300!)

Participant

Sorry, my editor jsut informed me: buses 300 and 303 (as opposed to 300 and 300!)

Participant

Running – About 1750kcal from Tianfu Square (excl luggage)

Participant

Running – About 1750kcal from Tianfu Square (excl luggage)

Keymaster

Some airlines have buses that will take you wherever you want to go in the city, although this often applies only to first class. Coming back from Beijing the other day on Sichuan Airlines though there was a bus which took us back to the city for free. The only thing you had to do is show your seating ticket stub and have paid over 1,000 yuan for the ticket.

Keymaster

Some airlines have buses that will take you wherever you want to go in the city, although this often applies only to first class. Coming back from Beijing the other day on Sichuan Airlines though there was a bus which took us back to the city for free. The only thing you had to do is show your seating ticket stub and have paid over 1,000 yuan for the ticket.

Participant

Why are you looking for alternative ways anyway? Taxi’s are fast, cheap, honest and everywhere to find!

Although I must say a metro stop like in Shanghai would be convenient as well.

Participant

Why are you looking for alternative ways anyway? Taxi’s are fast, cheap, honest and everywhere to find!

Keymaster
    Quote:

That’s definitely coming. It’s probably a few years out, though.

Keymaster
    Quote:

That’s definitely coming. It’s probably a few years out, though.

@Vincent:

Is that question for me!? I was looking for ‘convenient’ methods, as I’m sure anyone headed to or from the airport would be.

‘Alternative’ might be teleportation, which while cool in Star Trek, hasn’t arrived on earth yet.

😉

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.