AM444 @ xiong mao 3/3

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionAM444 @ xiong mao 3/3

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    Participant

AM444 is the Shanghai based project of singer ChaCha and producer Jay.Soul. Their debut cd Eye Wonder (PAUSE:MUSIC) is out now.

ChaCha (Guizhou, China) is one of China’s brightest underground stars. Besides being part of reggae crew Uprooted Sunshine she also records with the likes of Kode9, Clive Chin, Jahtari, Desto, Jimi Tenor, Sickstar & Sunbiz and was part of RBMA2012. ChaCha effortlessly switches up styles to fit the electronic, trip-hop, dub and leftfield grooves she sings her sharp self-penned lyrics over.

Jay.Soul is a versatile music producer and DJ from Amsterdam. He has made a wide range of tracks, both solo and for others, incl: Mr.Windmill, Cecilia Stalin, Sole Profit, Corey, NineFifty. He’s remixed Giovanca, Nas, Michael Franti & Spearhead, O.Boogie, The Proov, Roots Manuva and also composes music for commercials, film, websites, theatre and your momma!

Some links

Soundcloud

Bandcamp

douban

Participant

11u9qhi.jpg

Participant

11u9qhi.jpg

Was ChaCha the girl singing at xiongmao last week? She was really dope.

Was ChaCha the girl singing at xiongmao last week? She was really dope.

Participant

Yeah, that was Cha Cha. She is mates with Doc Daneeka. They met at the Red Bull Music Academy in Madrid.

Jay.Soul and Cha Cha are AM444. They’ll be playing a full live set of their own material. Cha Cha does the vocals and Jay does the beats. Jay also plays the keyboard, bass & electric guitar during their live performances.

They posted this status update on facebook today:

Working hard on making our upcoming live shows memorable! Chacha’s got a new secret weapon too. wicked stuff. Really, really looking forward to next week at NUTS Chongqing and XiongMao Chengdu!

Participant

Yeah, that was Cha Cha. She is mates with Doc Daneeka. They met at the Red Bull Music Academy in Madrid.

Jay.Soul and Cha Cha are AM444. They’ll be playing a full live set of their own material. Cha Cha does the vocals and Jay does the beats. Jay also plays the keyboard, bass & electric guitar during their live performances.

They posted this status update on facebook today:

Working hard on making our upcoming live shows memorable! Chacha’s got a new secret weapon too. wicked stuff. Really, really looking forward to next week at NUTS Chongqing and XiongMao Chengdu!

Participant

This will be the last all you can drink party at xiongmao for a while.

Come get your swerve on.

Participant

This will be the last all you can drink party at xiongmao for a while.

Come get your swerve on.

Participant

Is Tan Zhong having financial troubles? Or are there not any big name Djs coming through to host an all you can drink party?

Gotta get the tiger straight from the bottle or else its all diluted ice shite.

Participant

Is Tan Zhong having financial troubles? Or are there not any big name Djs coming through to host an all you can drink party?

Gotta get the tiger straight from the bottle or else its all diluted ice shite.

Participant

The big names will still be rolling through. The plan always was to move away from the all you can drink parties at some point.

Tickets for The Bug & Daddy Freddy should be about 60rmb (or 40 with student ID) and that includes a ticket for 1 free drink.

The Big room will only be opened once a week for a decent guest DJ from now on. The small room will host more free entry parties on the other days.

Participant

The big names will still be rolling through. The plan always was to move away from the all you can drink parties at some point.

Tickets for The Bug & Daddy Freddy should be about 60rmb (or 40 with student ID) and that includes a ticket for 1 free drink.

The Big room will only be opened once a week for a decent guest DJ from now on. The small room will host more free entry parties on the other days.

I would have really loved to have caught this on Saturday, but I’ll be out of the city. Should be a great show.

I would have really loved to have caught this on Saturday, but I’ll be out of the city. Should be a great show.

Participant
    Quote:

That’s a shame. Are you gonna be about for The Bug on the 16th? Its shaping up to be a big one!

If anybody is looking for 100 rmb tickets for Saturday then PM me.

Participant
    Quote:

That’s a shame. Are you gonna be about for The Bug on the 16th? Its shaping up to be a big one!

If anybody is looking for 100 rmb tickets for Saturday then PM me.

Participant

Not being a huge drinker, i like the move away from the open bar idea, and 60 for the bug is sensational value. I sincerely hope the financials at xiong mao are sound cos it would be a tragedy if it shut up shop.

Participant

Not being a huge drinker, i like the move away from the open bar idea, and 60 for the bug is sensational value. I sincerely hope the financials at xiong mao are sound cos it would be a tragedy if it shut up shop.

Quote:
    Are you gonna be about for The Bug on the 16th?

Damn, I might not be actually, I have to be in Hong Kong the next day. Hmmm, decisions decisions…

I definitely second Ray’s sentiment on the move away from open bar. I’m there for the music first and foremost, and don’t really dig fizzy piss for drinks either, lol!! Hopefully this works as a positive for Xiong Mao. I keep hearing all the rumours of subsidies and empty cash registers, and it would be a massive blow if things went South.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 58 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.