American AT&T iPhone5 Unlocking Woes

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionAmerican AT&T iPhone5 Unlocking Woes

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Follow up to last post about tech center. I’m currently in the tech center posting this. I have an ATT iPhone5 updated to iOS7 (cuz im a dummy) and not a dude I’ve asked in this whole place seems to think they can break into the sucker. I want it unlocked. I want to have a usable phone instead of an iphone touch.

Has anyone got any insight?

Participant

You try the apple repair place in the smaller building across the street? (i think it’s on 4th or 5th floor). You’ll see the apple logo and a hospital symbol (they repair apple gear). I found the 2nd guy (further from the elevator to be pretty knowledgeable and honest).

Participant

Ray, you’re the man. I was literally on my way out (had been in both buildings asking around) and saw the 苹果医院 sign. Went and checked it out and the guy said he could hook it up. Gave him the info, the cash, and will go back tomorrow to see the verdict. Will update then.

The cash ended up being a tidy sum of 350 kuai. To unlock an iPhone4 a year or so ago was around the same price. Dunno if I got taken both times or if it’s just a pricey procedure. Regardless, it’s a hell of a lot cheaper than paying out of contract.

Participant

350 kuai, how mach is it in dollars ? I have found this online att iphone unlocking service starts from $29. Is it cheaper or not ?

Keymaster

I went through this about 18 months ago with a friend and it was really difficult. What he ended up doing, after failing to find someone who could bypass the lock in Chengdu, was pay something like $30 on the AT&T website to unlock it.

Participant

hmm $30… I will try to unlock it on official site first. Thanks for answering:)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.