American BBQ in Chengdu

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionAmerican BBQ in Chengdu

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Does anybody know if there are any good American BBQ places in Chengdu?

Keymaster

Iron Pig, without a question, is the only authentic American BBQ in Chengdu. Their tongzilin location is very popular and they recently opened a second location outside of the city which is beautiful depending on the weather. Rumor is they will have crawfish boils.

Participant

Sweet, thanks guys, gonna have to try Iron Pig

Just heard that there’s a new BBQ place opening soon near the Poly Center called Tim’s or something. Apparently it’s popular in Beijing.

Participant

I took the advice and tried Iron Pig last night, I must say it was about 98% less disgusting than Peter’s, and 100% less disappointing.

Prices are very reasonable when compared to other western food in the area, I was shocked at how fair they are and how they don’t try to price gouge you. You get more meat, better tasting food, and something that never happened to me before at Peter’s – a feeling of being full and satisfied. I actually struggled to finish all of my food, something other western places can’t do. I notice western places typically go skimpy on portions and high in price. Not Iron Pig, no complaints aside from the sickly feeling I got from eating too much.

Iron Pig is gonna be my new go-to spot if I need western food.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.