American Looking for Other Foreigners to Hang Out With

HomeForumsClassifiedsPersonalsAmerican Looking for Other Foreigners to Hang Out With

• This topic has 8 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Avatar photoKK.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi, my name is Maria. I’m in Chengdu for 1 month to study Chinese, soak up the culture and eat lots of good food. I’m here by myself and it would be great to find some folks to go out with. I like salsa dancing, soccer and eating out.

Maria Elena

WeChat ID Maria_in_China12

Keymaster

If you haven’t already, check out some of the American eateries in Tongzilin like Johnny 5 Donuts or Origins Coffee, they have friendly, outgoing proprietors and are good places to meet other expats. Welcome to Chengdu-

Participant

Awesome! Thanks for the tip. I haven’t gone to those places yet!

Participant

There’s a salsa night every Saturday evening in some venue in Lan Kwai Fong. It’s mostly Chinese, but the few times I’ve been there there were always some foreigners too. Might want to check that out depending on how much you love salsa.

Couldn’t say exactly where it is or what it’s called, but it’s on the ground floor somewhere more tucked away in the back. Not too far from Revolucion.

Participant

My friend who has been dancing for 5 years recently opened her salsa class on every Saturday night at Lazy Pug, Tongzilin. She is Chinese and very passionate about dancing teaching. The class on Saturday is open to all and free. If you guys want to join, just leave me message and I could lead you there if needed. BTW, I am a Chinese teacher so if any of you wants to study Chinese, I can help. Cheers!

Participant

Just wanted to add that I’ll be dropping in to Chengdu late night on the 11th. I’ll be looking to explore mainly the food but also music (mainly underground hip hop and punk) as well as comic shops, parks, and of course tourist spots.

I’m going solo and I’d love someone to hang out with!

I’ll be taking a few days to hike in Zhangjiajie and checking out Chongqing on my way there/back.

I’m very nervous as this is my first trip abroad!

Keymaster

Just wanted to add that I’ll be dropping in to Chengdu late night on the 11th. I’ll be looking to explore mainly the food but also music (mainly underground hip hop and punk) as well as comic shops, parks, and of course tourist spots. I’m going solo and I’d love someone to hang out with! I’ll be taking a few days to hike in Zhangjiajie and checking out Chongqing on my way there/back. I’m very nervous as this is my first trip abroad!

Nice, exotic first trip abroad! When you’re in Chengdu check out Little Bar (a rock band venue) and NASA (a hip hop club). Both are listed on Chengdu Places. Have fun!

Participant

Hi, if you need advice on anything, I’m happy to chat. My wechat ID is Maria_in_China12 . Just mention that you found me on this forum.

Participant

Nice man, charlie.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Personals’ is closed to new topics and replies.