Any Country, Honky-Tonk, Rock & Roll Players?

HomeForumsIn ChengduAny Country, Honky-Tonk, Rock & Roll Players?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey there, I’m Allen.  I’m studying in Chengdu till December and itching to play some music.  I’ve got a little gig at Shamrock this Friday 9:30-10:00 if you want to see my solo stuff, but I’m really interested in finding some folks with whom to collaborate–especially any fiddle players that want to do some rocking old-time or Bluegrass.

While in China I’ve been playing mostly guitar, but I usually play upright bass or harmonica back in the States.

Hit me up on WeChat:   ID=   adclayton  Username= Allen Clayton

Cheers!  And thanks to Charlie for curating this site.  It’s a real gem.

Keymaster

Hi Allen, welcome to Chengdu. Thank you for the kind words. In addition to Shamrock, you might want to check out New Little Bar and Jah Bar to find some other musicians. These are probably the top three venues to find the type of musicians that you’re looking for. Good luck!

Oh man, I remember when a Canadian bluegrass group rolled through the Flower Town Morning Bar. One of the best musical acts I’ve seen in Chengdu, a real knee-slappin’, rootin-tootin’, good feelin’, all-round yeehaw of an evening.

Let us know if you put a group together 😀

Participant

Hearing some bluegrass here would be so great. What kind of solo stuff do you play?

Participant

Niklas,

I do blues and country-rock on acoustic guitar, with a few bluegrass and old-time tunes here and there.  Writing a few in (terrible) Chinese these days too.

-ac

Participant

I often go to Little Bar to watch lives. It is a good place to meet music lovers.

But, before you go there, you might should check what kind of bands play. Chose the type you like, and meet more people who have the same taste with you! 😀

***Tomorrow is Sir Simon by the way.

Hope you have a wonderful time in Chengdu. 😀

Participant

Let us know when you get a band together.  I would love to hear some country honky-tonk!   It would remind me of my visits to Austin.  Anybody here ever been to the Broken Spoke?   One of the greatest Texas honky-tonks.

Participant

Me and my friend will go to Shamrock to see your show tomorrow night!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.