Any Music Studios Around Chengdu?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionAny Music Studios Around Chengdu?

• This topic has 13 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Avatar photoAM.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey everyone!

Any studios around with a decent equipment with Dj mixers and decks?

Thanks in advance !

Participant

You want to buy equipment or just use it?

Participant

Couldnt afford to buy anything atm but would rather start a regular mixing like back home.

Would be GREAT if u can help me out with that. Moreover, I am looking for people with similar interests and taste, particularly in dnb, dub and prog-tech.

Participant

You could try the D3F shop. It was in the Champagne Plaza but I’m not sure if it’s still there. Beat Base is another DJ studio in the East Music Park although I’ve never really seen anyone there. They are the only 2 places with turntables as far as I know.

I’m sure Charlie will be along soon. He’d be a good guy for you to meet.

Keymaster

If you’re looking for turntables, there are only a handful of places that might be able to accomodate you (there are only a handful of DJ’s that use turntables here also). Andy’s suggestions are solid though, I would check out Beat Base at the East Music Park. They have 4 or 5 full setups there for instruction, but also like Andy said I’ve also never seen anyone there who isn’t working there, hahaha. Long story behind that. But I would check that out, if you walk in the main gate of the East Music Park and walk straight for about 5 minutes it’s on your left side, you won’t be able to miss it.

Participant

Turntables wouldnt be an issue as I dont use them.

But I`ll go check out the Beat Base. Btw the guys over there speak any English?

What about you guys? Are you somehow involved in the local music scene?

Keymaster
    Quote:
    But I`ll go check out the Beat Base. Btw the guys over there speak any English?

Probably not, I wouldn’t count on it.

Quote:
    What about you guys? Are you somehow involved in the local music scene?

Yup, Andy and I are both vinyl DJs who perform and host events in Chengdu. Andy reps YoMoFo and ChengduMusic.com and I rep Disco Death.

Participant

Hey!

Nice to hear that!

My producing has almost gone to the past due to lack of time (or rather lack of commitment to spend hours steadily behind a screen). Nevertheless mixing is something I absolutely adore and would do endlessly.

Mine: http://www.soundcloud.com/selfdom

I will be around in Panda Club this Saturday to have the taste of some different scene than just Chengdu mainstream.

Would you guys be there?

Participant

Hey!

Nice to hear that!

My producing has almost gone to the past due to lack of time (or rather lack of commitment to spend hours steadily behind a screen). Nevertheless mixing is something I absolutely adore and would do endlessly.

Mine: http://www.soundcloud.com/selfdom

I will be around in Panda Club this Saturday to have the taste of some different scene than just Chengdu mainstream.

Would you guys be there?

Keymaster
    Quote:
    I will be around in Panda Club this Saturday to have the taste of some different scene than just Chengdu mainstream. Would you guys be there?

I might, I really want to go to see Oshi. The pub crawl is my priority that night though, so we’ll see if how coherent I am around 12-1am.

Nice, I added you on Soundcloud. Here’s mine: justcharlie

Keymaster
    Quote:
    I will be around in Panda Club this Saturday to have the taste of some different scene than just Chengdu mainstream. Would you guys be there?

I might, I really want to go to see Oshi. The pub crawl is my priority that night though, so we’ll see if how coherent I am around 12-1am.

Nice, I added you on Soundcloud. Here’s mine: justcharlie

Keymaster

Here’s the flyer for the Saturday event at Xiong Mao by the way, which looks really cool:

tasty-party.jpg

Keymaster

Here’s the flyer for the Saturday event at Xiong Mao by the way, which looks really cool:

tasty-party.jpg

Participant

magnus, i’ll be spinning a few tracks at the hemp house tonight. It’s free entry so come over and say hello. I’ll also be at xiong mao at some point tomorrow night but I’m gonna try and catch wang lei at the hemp house first.

Charlie, if there are a bunch of people coming to xiong mao tomorrow I can probably sort some cheap tickets. Give me a shout if you need them.

Participant

magnus, i’ll be spinning a few tracks at the hemp house tonight. It’s free entry so come over and say hello. I’ll also be at xiong mao at some point tomorrow night but I’m gonna try and catch wang lei at the hemp house first.

Charlie, if there are a bunch of people coming to xiong mao tomorrow I can probably sort some cheap tickets. Give me a shout if you need them.

Keymaster
    Quote:

Cool, I will do that. Reduced price tickets would be nice. Also I didn’t know that Wang Lei is playing at Hemp House tomorrow, great news.

Keymaster
    Quote:

Cool, I will do that. Reduced price tickets would be nice. Also I didn’t know that Wang Lei is playing at Hemp House tomorrow, great news.

Participant

Great! Hemp was in my plans for tonight.

Andy what time wud u be steppin in? So i cud recognise.

Participant

Great! Hemp was in my plans for tonight.

Andy what time wud u be steppin in? So i cud recognise.

Participant

I’ll be the one wearing the red rose (sorry couldn’t resist it).

I think I’m on about 12 or 1…not certain, wearing a yellow t-shirt.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.