Anybody fancy Leshan next Tuesday?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionAnybody fancy Leshan next Tuesday?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 35 total)
  • Author

Evenin’ Forumites!

I was thinking of heading out to see the Buddha at Leshan next Tuesday as I’m working overtime for the first couple of days of the holiday. Anybody fancy coming along? Got a hankering for some outdoor time and green space!

L xx

Participant

Hello Lucy,

Yes, I would love to go there with you. How were you thinking of getting there?

Sandi

Participant

Hello Lucy,

Yes, I would love to go there with you. How were you thinking of getting there?

Sandi

Participant

I went to see the Buddha during the National Day holiday in 2010. It was a mad house of people. We opted to take photos from the top, instead of walking to the feet of the Buddha, but the wait down the stairs looked about 3 hours. We also got propositioned to take several photos with peoples cousins, sisters, brothers and grandparents. Way too many people, but all in all a good time.

WBxWr.jpg

Kv6Fz.jpg

Participant

I went to see the Buddha during the National Day holiday in 2010. It was a mad house of people. We opted to take photos from the top, instead of walking to the feet of the Buddha, but the wait down the stairs looked about 3 hours. We also got propositioned to take several photos with peoples cousins, sisters, brothers and grandparents. Way too many people, but all in all a good time.

WBxWr.jpg

Kv6Fz.jpg

Participant
    Quote:
    We also got propositioned to take several photos with peoples cousins, sisters, brothers and grandparents.

Ha ha!

Yeh, that was my only concern, that it would be ‘mental busy’.

Participant
    Quote:
    We also got propositioned to take several photos with peoples cousins, sisters, brothers and grandparents.

Ha ha!

Yeh, that was my only concern, that it would be ‘mental busy’.

Wicked! There are buses every 15mins from Xinnanmen bus station straight to the statue for RMB 52, then apparently we could get a minivan on to Mt Emei if the fancy took us, for RMB 15 more?

L x

Wicked! There are buses every 15mins from Xinnanmen bus station straight to the statue for RMB 52, then apparently we could get a minivan on to Mt Emei if the fancy took us, for RMB 15 more?

L x

Yeah, I’m guessing so – if we go early we could miss the worst maybe? Not sure I’ll be able to go any other time though, annoyingly! @Justin: Will get my best Laowai posing face on…

Yeah, I’m guessing so – if we go early we could miss the worst maybe? Not sure I’ll be able to go any other time though, annoyingly! @Justin: Will get my best Laowai posing face on…

Participant

Sounds good!! x

Participant

Sounds good!! x

Keymaster

Get there as early as you can, tourist sites during the national day holiday can get pretty crowded. On the upside, you’re likely to meet some new people. Also a lot of people don’t realize this, but the park surrounding Leshan is beautiful and is worth spending a few hours walking around in. A lot of people just see the Buddha and leave and miss all the surrounding stuff.

Keymaster

Get there as early as you can, tourist sites during the national day holiday can get pretty crowded. On the upside, you’re likely to meet some new people. Also a lot of people don’t realize this, but the park surrounding Leshan is beautiful and is worth spending a few hours walking around in. A lot of people just see the Buddha and leave and miss all the surrounding stuff.

Participant

I am also keen on going, where is Xinnanmen bus station? What subway station is it close to? I only know of Wu Kuai Shi bus station. If its a day trip, thats good for me, apparentely I can’t leave Chengdu as they are holding my passport until my visa is renewed AFTER the holidays.

Yeeah Jenise come along! I actually just had another look at transport and we might be better getting the bus from the North Railway Station as it’s on the Metro and Xinnanmen is way out west…it takes an hour and a half to get there so it’s an easy day trip – no need to worry about getting caught out!

Charlie, thanks for the tips! Would be very much up for exploring the park. Will have a look into the earliest bus we can get, too xx

Participant

I’m coming from Xindu, so I will be taking the bus in that morning and getting into North Railway Station, so that’s easy for me, let me know what time. Looking forward to it.

Participant

I am a Chinese and i want to go to 乐山 to see the Buddha too~~

Participant

I’d be interested as well!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 35 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.