Anybody fancy Leshan next Tuesday?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionAnybody fancy Leshan next Tuesday?

Viewing 15 posts - 21 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author

Hooray! Should be great fun – just been trying to pull up a timetable and can’t seem to find departure times from North Railway Station, only from Xinnanmen – every 20 mins from 7.30 apparently. My Chinese is shocking though! Liu, do you have any idea on this one? If nothing is forthcoming, maybe the best thing would be to get a taxi out to Xinnanmen in the morning?

Can’t wait!

L x

Participant
    Quote:
    Xinnanmen is way out west

Are you sure you’re looking at the right bus station? Xinnanmen is pretty central in the city, a short walk east of HuaXiBa subway and just south of the river.

Here’s the address and a map:

四川省成都市武侯区新南路2号

Participant
    Quote:
    I went to see the Buddha during the National Day holiday in 2010. It was a mad house of people. We opted to take photos from the top, instead of walking to the feet of the Buddha, but the wait down the stairs looked about 3 hours.

Damn! I went there earlier this year on a random weekday and there were very few people there. No wait whatsoever anywhere we could just walk down and up in a jiffy. Ended up taking 2 shots with my phone where you can’t spot a single tourist. As if we found the place ourselves, lol.

leshan2.jpg

leshan.jpg

I hate it when you go visit one of these things in the nature and it’s a tourist trap. I don’t want anybody to get in my lens, which is usually impossible.

Participant

@Lucy Knowles I just Baidu(just like google) the way to go to leshan. It seems that the best palace to set up to leshan from chengdu is XinNanMen bus station. North Railway Station isn’t a good option. Where do you stay in ChengDu, maybe you can take a bus to XinNanMen instead of a taxi to save some money. As for the cost, I think 300 RMB is enough including the ticket to see the Buddha, eating, bus ticket…

Maybe we can go together. My English is poor, especially when it comes to oral English. But My Chinese is definitely good! ^_^

Looking forward to the trip, still working today!

Participant

@Lucy Knowles I just Baidu(just like google) the way to go to leshan. It seems that the best palace to set up to leshan from chengdu is XinNanMen bus station. North Railway Station isn’t a good option. Where do you stay in ChengDu, maybe you can take a bus to XinNanMen instead of a taxi to save some money. As for the cost, I think 300 RMB is enough including the ticket to see the Buddha, eating, bus ticket…

Maybe we can go together. My English is poor, especially when it comes to oral English. But My Chinese is definitely good! ^_^

Looking forward to the trip, still working today!

Participant

Hi,

XinNanMen Bus Station is walkable from the Huaxiba metro station, 6 stations from North Railway. Can we arrange a time to meet at XinNanMen Bus Station, I will need to stay over night in Chengdu if its very early as I will be busing it in from Xinfan. Let me know.

Cheers

Participant

Hi,

XinNanMen Bus Station is walkable from the Huaxiba metro station, 6 stations from North Railway. Can we arrange a time to meet at XinNanMen Bus Station, I will need to stay over night in Chengdu if its very early as I will be busing it in from Xinfan. Let me know.

Cheers

Hey guys!

So wicked that so many people want to come!

The first bus is 7.30 from Xinnanmen, so maybe meet around 7.00 at the station so we can buy tickets, find the stop etc? My number is 13882239592, hope to see you all very soon!

L xx

Participant

Great, I will be staying the night close to Wu Hou Chi temple, lucky to find a guest house with vacancy at such late notice , so will be able to set off early. Looking forward to it. Does anyone know the station? Where is a good meeting spot? My number is 1 367 800 4121.

Participant

7:00 am! a little too early for me. But we will take the first bus, so, ok.

I think the best meeting spot is the entrance of the bus station. It won’t be hard to find each other.

My number: 15608197720

I hope I can join… I’m going to Chengdu on Dec 14 for 15 days solo trip. Is that any bus from airport to Hailuogou?

Participant

Right I’m just catching up.

I can get to HuaXiBa Station. Anyone know if XinNanMen Bus Station is easy enough to find from there?

I can see where it is on the map but a bit worried about finding it.

Also, what time does metro 1 open?

Thanks in advance!! x

Participant

Sandi,

go to this website (see below), scroll down and you will find a simple map that will guide you from Xuaxiba stn to Xinnanmen Bus Station, as for the time, I’m not sure, I’m around the area in Chengdu today, I will try to find out and text you.

See you tomorrow.

http://www.trafficinnhostel.com/en/location/

Participant

Thanks Jenise.

Just found out it opens at 7am, which means I’ll be ‘cutting it neat’ to get there for 7.30am but will hopefully make it there on time.

I’ll probably be getting the train from North Station, or line 2 from Chadianzi Bus Station, think the latter option might take a bit longer though.

Hope you have a good day in Chengdu!!

Hi everyone,

Excited for tomorrow! Sandi, it might be easier to get a taxi maybe? I’ll probably end up doing that cos I’m a huge lazybones!

See you all at Xinnanmen at 7 for some Big Buddha action!

L x

Viewing 15 posts - 21 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.