Anybody Know About Xmas Buffet at the Shangri-La?

HomeForumsIn ChengduAnybody Know About Xmas Buffet at the Shangri-La?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

does anyone have the specifics on a christmas buffet at the shangri-la hotel?  things like price, reservation, quality, and what not?

thanks

Participant

We took our staff there last year on Christmas night…average food, price was 450/per person includes all you can drink average wine.  They had a grammar school kids performing silent night and other christmas favorites…fun, tacky and obnoxious.  Christmas in China.

Keymaster

I don’t doubt that Christmas is different, but when I’ve been to the buffet at Shangri-La in the past there are two buffets, one international and one dim sum. We went there to celebrate the birthday of a forum member earlier in 2013 and the service was terrible but fortunately someone in our group spoke to the manager and got all of our meals comped. I’d say the quality at Shangri-La is pretty hit or miss based on what I’ve heard and my own experiences.

Participant

I did that xmas buffet a couple of years ago (cafez) and the place was absolutely mobbed (replete with an overabundance of screaming children running around); you might want to book ahead of time as we almost didn’t get seated (though I wish we hadn’t). Can’t remember the exact price but might have been around 400 rmb/person.

As far as quality…I would describe that restaurant as “offering a large variety of extremely bland food.”

Not sure about your situation (time, proficiency in the kitchen, cooking equipment) but I would think with that budget (per person) you could go shopping and create a menu for yourself that would absolutely destroy anything that restaurant (or any other) could offer.

Participant

@ les …. I’ll take that challenge, i’m the chef at VIN restaurant, i don’t think my food has ever been called bland, so if you guys really need a traditional type dinner on the 24th, we have about 30 seats left ( we can seat about 100 on the main floor ), and i think the kids will only be about 10-15

we are also probably the biggest western restaurant in chengdu and seat up to about 200 ppl, we are around the century city area.

you can pm me or email at [email protected] for a reservation, i’ll try and add our brochure and you can reserve that way as well ( i think wordpress hates me lol )

Participant

ya wordpress hates me, if you email me i can send all the info to you guys 🙂

Keymaster

I’m still looking for a buffet for Christmas! Anyone been to 四海一家 for Christmas? Will it be packed?

@ les …. I’ll take that challenge, i’m the chef at VIN restaurant, i don’t think my food has ever been called bland, so if you guys really need a traditional type dinner on the 24th, we have about 30 seats left ( we can seat about 100 on the main floor ), and i think the kids will only be about 10-15

I think I heard about that – is that the one that costs 700rmb for the cheap option?

Participant

@charlie, we are doing a family style dinner ( all plates on the table, help your self )

the prices are

2ppl 688– 2 free glasses wine

4ppl 1288–1 bottle free wine

6-8 2688-2 free bottles of wine

portions are set so everyone is full (not all you can eat, its not a challenge :-))

also the more people at your table the more food options are put on the table.

I will also be doing an ice cream making demo with liquid nitrogen and flaming 151 rum ( what could go wrong :-p ) and give out tasters after…

we have about 15 reservations left if interested

Participant

ok, sorry all, we are sold out now….. if you want to know about our upcoming send me an email and i’ll add you to our mailing list 🙂

Merry christmas and enjoy the Holidays!!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.