Anybody Love to Take Photos?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionAnybody Love to Take Photos?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi

Does anybody here love to take photos? If you do, maybe we can take photos together sometime 🙂

Participant

I love take photo, but I sold my Canon 350D in Italy… sigh!

Participant

Yeah I do like it too. I have a Canon 400D with basic lens.

Perhaps we could arrange a meet up with Chengdu living some time.

Participant

Welcome anybody join this photo club.I just buy new Cannon60D with a good lense few days ago. I will post more information about this photo club.

Participant

Hey. There is a thread about photography club here. U guys can check it out if ur interested.

We are already running a photography club and meeting up every month in Bookworm. Let us know if interested. It would be great to see more people and more pictures 🙂

We usually share information through Yahoo groups. Join the group and you will be notified details about the coming schedule.

[email protected]

Cheers,

Pardhu

Participant

Hi,

I’ll be interested in joining, I am seeking to find a good deal on a camera. Any one knows of a reasonable shop. Not looking for a professional camera yet, and not a point and shoot, something in between. Went to the computer centre the other day, but also was told that taobao was a good bet. Would like recommendations on a camera, so I know what to look for.

Participant

Hi Jenise,

I’d recommend a Canon. They have a range of ‘amateur’ digital cameras which you can use on fully automatic mode and have dedicated settings for sports, portraits, macro, landscape and night mode so all your thinking can be put on the back burner while you concentrate on composing the shot for a pretty picture. When you get more experienced you can switch to aperture or speed priority or even fully manual modes. The camera has a built in flash and use the EF and EF-S range of lenses. The most affordable in the range is probably the EOS1100D add to that a zoom lens and it will be years before you feel the need to upgrade. You can also take video clips with this camera.

Commonly you can buy a canon body and lens as a manufacturer’s package and they come a bit cheaper. If you haggle you can possibly get a camera bag, UV lens filter, lens cleaning pen included in the package etc when you’ve negotiated the price down as far as you can. If a retailer won’t lower their price then walk away and check out someone else’s price.

Go to Computer City on Renmin Nan Lu (where it crosses the number 2 ring road) and pick the building in the north east corner of that junction. Start on the ground floor but the second or third floor is where you could get the best prices. They also sell second hand cameras there along with lenses but you need you assume that the cost of a second hand camera + lens will have to be increased by the price of a manufacturer’s service if things go wrong so budget for it rather than accept a verbal guarantee. You can always go back to Taobao if you can’t find the deal you want in Computer City.

Keymaster

I know a few other people (who haven’t posted in this thread) who would also be interested, a group photo session would be cool. I have a Canon 40D and a Fuji X100.

Participant

@Charile

I have a Canon 40D before, that was a really good carema, best i have. when i finish all the shutter count, i have sold it to somebody else.

After one year without camera, i finally buy this 60D also new lense, the lense i have before was 50mm1.8II, cheap but very good!This time i have brought 17-44mm red circle Canon lense.

It was so much fun with camera in the life 🙂

The ending of this month the ginkgo leaves will change colour, city will become more beautiful, let’s go out to taking some photo:)

Participant

@ Merior,for all your advice. I will check out computer centre tomorrow.

Participant

i have canon 550D (eos rebel t2i) and i think its pretty good. Its not very expensive. Canon released 650D last month and it got good reviews!

I want to buy lens for my canon as well. Canon lens are more expensive and im thinking to go for tamron or sigma!

if anyone knew a trustable shop to buy second hand lens please let us know 🙂

Keymaster
    Quote:
    After one year without camera, i finally buy this 60D also new lense, the lense i have before was 50mm1.8II, cheap but very good!This time i have brought 17-44mm red circle Canon lense.

Do you mean the 17-40L? I have that lens also, it is incredible.

Quote:
    if anyone knew a trustable shop to buy second hand lens please let us know 🙂

I found a second hand Tokina wide angle lens on Taobao a few years ago in Chengdu. I just met the seller directly and bought it with cash, which was very convenient for me. Give Taobao a shot and see if anyone is selling a lens you’re interested in locally.

Participant

@Charlie

Yes my lense is 17-40mm L .Do you have more wider angle lense? I wish in the photo club i can have chance to try others lense for little bit, so i can have feeling what kind of picture will come from that lense, what special part about that lense.

Many people tells me diffrence about different lence, but i still have no idea, only when i touch it use it for little bit,then i will know.

I have very little knowledge about equipment. :P

Participant

Is anyone interested in taking photos of the new International League football? It will be every Saturday till the new year.

We are trying to find someone regular. We can discuss individual arrangements but we will cover travel and write nice references. There are also free jugs of beer after the games courtesy of our good friends at the shamrock. All your photos can go on our website with watermarks.

If you can make it then it will be 12 till 4 on a Saturday with lots of action shots. Email me at [email protected] if you are interested.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Yes my lense is 17-40mm L .Do you have more wider angle lense? I wish in the photo club i can have chance to try others lense for little bit, so i can have feeling what kind of picture will come from that lense, what special part about that lense.

I don’t have it anymore, but I bought a Tokina 12-24mm lens several years ago in Chengdu, it was significantly wider. The 17-40L is better though. It’s the best non-prime wide angle EF lens available (along with the 16-35L). It’s probably best used with a full frame camera though, our cameras have smaller sensors so there’s a 1.6x magnification effect which means the actual length of the lens is like 25-60mm. But for now full frame cameras are all well over $1,000 even though prices on full frame bodies have been plummeting.

The only other lens I have now is a 50mm 1.8 prime. I sold everything else. I’m considering selling my 40D and the 17-40L lens as well since I mostly just use the Fuji now.

Participant

Thanks Charlie for explain 🙂

Participant

so professional photographer guys, i just have Canon 550D, but its enough to me, MTB trails shooting.

Participant

The next meeting of the Chengdu Photography Club is this coming Monday (5th November) at the Bookworm for 7.30pm.

Membership is informal and newcomers are more than welcome.

Participant

Is there anything going on from here? Probably will head around town and see what i can find. I’m walking around with a old Sony A100 camera with a defect LCD Screen lol.

Participant

I love photos, but, unfortunately, Im not good at it. What a pity. 🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 31 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.