Anyone Like to Swim?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionAnyone Like to Swim?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi, everyone! I’m quite obsessed with swimming, but going swimming by myself sometimes is not very interesting. Is there anyone who is interested in swimming? Let’s go together! My QQ number is 747740627. Looking forward!

Participant

Where do you go swimming in the winter? I’ve been trying to find an indoor pool near Ikea but haven’t found one yet. My complex will have one when the hotel is complete, but that’s looking many months away.

Participant

nice indoor pool is in jinniu district… jiaozi natatorium is a bit expensive (62 juan – i think), but usualy there is just a few people inside and i never had to share lane with another swimmer…

Participant

Thank you. But I want to go to a close swimming pool with friends. That is a little bit far, I think.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Thank you. But I want to go to a close swimming pool with friends. That is a little bit far, I think.

Where are you located? I go to a swimming pool on First Ring Road near 电脑城 in the winter.

Participant

Hi Rick. Where are you located? Actually I live not far from 成都体育学院. If you and your wife want, we can go together some day.

Participant

Hi Charlie. I live near the Narrow Street. Therefore, 成都体育学院 is my first choice. However, the swimming pool which you mentioned is not far from 成都体育学院. So, it’s convenient for me to go there as well. When do you usually go to the swimming pool that you mentioned?

Participant

how much costs pools you mentioned? how long they are? and how many people are usualy in there?

charlie: cant find 电脑城 on the map, could you post a gps location please?

Participant

btw: does anybody know where to buy underwater mp3 player? http://store.speedo.com/c/accessories/underwater-electronics i visited some shops around sichuan swimming school, but with no succes… my current one is broken and swimming without music is boring 🙂

Keymaster
    Quote:
    how much costs pools you mentioned? how long they are? and how many people are usualy in there?

I think the one I went to last winter is 25 yuan. It’s not too crowded, especially compared to other pools I’ve been to in Beijing. It’s mostly lanes and people swimming laps.

Quote:
    charlie: cant find 电脑城 on the map, could you post a gps location please?

Try this address: 一环路南一段22号

On Google Maps it is indicated as 四川省游泳馆

Try this address: 一环路南一段22号 is my office address, hmmm , I didnt know there is a swimming pool. I will try to look around on monday and tell you guys the price and the condition of the pool. BTW I do love swimming.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    I didnt know there is a swimming pool. I will try to look around on monday and tell you guys the price and the condition of the pool. BTW I do love swimming.

Walk East of that address toward Renmin Nan Lu for a minute or two and you’ll see it on the right side. There are steps leading up to it, if you have trouble ask for the 游泳馆.

Participant

charlie: i think this 四川省游泳馆 pool is closed… i been there three weeks ago, coz it was the first pool i discovered here after my arrival to chengdu, but i was not able to get inside… also guys in natooke bike shop told me its closed…

swimming laps is something unique i saw it in shanghai last year, peple were swimming in all directions so after 10minutes of “swimming” i quit 🙂

Keymaster
    Quote:
    swimming laps is something unique i saw it in shanghai last year, peple were swimming in all directions so after 10minutes of “swimming” i quit 🙂

Damn. I will begin searching for a new one in the neighborhood then. When I find something, I’ll post info here.

Participant

I do love swimming. There are many indoor pools in chengdu. Although i’ve nver been to these places. But i did saw many from the internet. And it is not too expensive about 30 yuan. This link may help you if you guys know chinese:

Swimming on Tuan 360

Participant

To Horac Pantoc: You are so fashionable! An underwater mp3?! I cant imagine! Yes, you are right. Swimming by oneself is a little bit boring. That’s why I want to find some friends who are interested in swimming to go together. Actually I went swimming in 成都体育学院 swimming pool tonight. It only cost 35 yuan. Opening time is from 7:30pm to 9:15pm.

Too all:

I dont know the situation of 四川省游泳馆. If anyone knows, please tell others.Let’s go swimming together next time, friends!

Participant

tracy: waterproof mp3 makes swimming more relaxin… and also helps you to swim faster – if you load it with some proper songs :)…

if there is no rain, i will go tomorrow or on thursday to computer city, so on my way back home (xipu) i can join for a swim…

Participant

To Horac Pantoc:I will not go tomorrow. Maybe Wednesday or Thursday is a good choice. What do you think?

I can’t really swim 🙁

Are there diving boards though?

Participant

Yes, there are. But you are not allowed to use them. LOL

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 35 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.