Anyone renting short term?

HomeForumsClassifiedsJobs & Apartment RentalsAnyone renting short term?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’m planning to return to Chengdu before the end of the year.  Does anyone have a room to rent for a month or two?  Any area – but better if I can get to a metro station.

OR – if anyone is going away and sub-letting their apartment short-term, I could be interested.

Looking for somewhere with good internet, quiet environment, and non-smoking.

(Moderators – I know about Hakka Homes, and I realise that mostly an apartment is 6 months – but I have had success in the past just asking around like this.)

Keymaster

I would check out some places on AirBNB.com in Chengdu, many of them are available monthly and you will be able to skip the entire contract/deposit routine.

Participant

Would AirBNB be an option for someone who needs to do a residency permit (Z visa)?

Keymaster

Would AirBNB be an option for someone who needs to do a residency permit (Z visa)?

I don’t understand the question. AirBNB provides a place to sleep, it has nothing to do with visas.

Participant

From what I understand, to get my residency permit I need to have a lot of documentation from the landlord.

Keymaster

From what I understand, to get my residency permit I need to have a lot of documentation from the landlord.

Oh, I see. To get a Z-visa you will need a rental contract to prove your place of residence, which you will not be able to get from a host on AirBNB. You might be able to find a workaround if you have a friend who’s willing to provide a rental contract for you to use, but they may call the landlord to confirm their identification number and that you live in the apartment.

Participant

Oh, I see. To get a Z-visa you will need a rental contract to prove your place of residence, which you will not be able to get from a host on AirBNB. You might be able to find a workaround if you have a friend who’s willing to provide a rental contract for you to use, but they may call the landlord to confirm their identification number and that you live in the apartment.

I don’t remember taking my lease downtown, just to the local PSB station, and from what I understand it totally depends on the cop and what kind of day he’s having. When I went to register at my most recent apartment, they called and checked with the landlord (her phone number was smudged on the contract and he couldn’t read it which was a ton of mafan) but when I went in with my roommate and the same lease a month later, the guy said something along the lines of, “you’re living with this guy, right? I trust him.”

Keymaster

I don’t remember taking my lease downtown, just to the local PSB station, and from what I understand it totally depends on the cop and what kind of day he’s having. When I went to register at my most recent apartment, they called and checked with the landlord (her phone number was smudged on the contract and he couldn’t read it which was a ton of mafan) but when I went in with my roommate and the same lease a month later, the guy said something along the lines of, “you’re living with this guy, right? I trust him.”

You’re right, a lot of it is up to their discretion. They will choose which of the rules to observe on that particular day based on how they are feeling.

Participant

I got a residence permit while staying at an Air BnB and it was a really good short term option for me. I stayed about 3 months. My landlords spoke good English and get a lot of foreign guests, so they had done the residence permit process before. They put all the documents together and went to the police station with me. Not sure how the lease issue shook out, but I got the permit with what seemed like minimal issues. I’m sure it varies by officer and location, though. If anyone is interested, PM me and I can send the link to the property.

Keymaster

I got a residence permit while staying at an Air BnB and it was a really good short term option for me. I stayed about 3 months. My landlords spoke good English and get a lot of foreign guests, so they had done the residence permit process before. They put all the documents together and went to the police station with me. Not sure how the lease issue shook out, but I got the permit with what seemed like minimal issues. I’m sure it varies by officer and location, though. If anyone is interested, PM me and I can send the link to the property.

Wow, that is an amazing host. That is definitely going above and beyond. It is encouraging to hear that.

Participant

Hello,

I am really insterestes by your landlord, can you give me his number ?

what was the price of the rent ?

Participant

Thanks for the info everyone.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Jobs & Apartment Rentals’ is closed to new topics and replies.