Anyone selling a bicycle?

HomeForumsIn ChengduAnyone selling a bicycle?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

I want to buy one. If you have one for sale, let me know by sending a PM. Thanks!

There are second hand bicycles on sale near the JiuYanQiao street.

Participant

@Ruth: funny. cos a few weeks ago i walked past the stolen bike mart and written in huge letters was something like “Stamp out all illegal activity in Chengdu. Law-abiding society is an orderly society” (my buddy translated). But it was business as usual (yao bu bu yao dzang che?)

so you see,slogan is far different from reality.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    There are second hand bicycles on sale near the JiuYanQiao street.

It seems like I might have to do that, then!

Quote:
    so you see,slogan is far different from reality.

This is pretty much the most hard and fast rule of China that exists. This struck me for the 10,000th time this morning when exiting the subway as everyone boarding the train is walking directly into me on top of the “先上,后下” characters printed on the ground.

Participant

Does it actually say “先上,后下” ? Like, first ppl get on then ppl get off the train ? Thats ridiculous. It gets me mad wherever i am.

Quote:
    It seems like I might have to do that, then!

Just a heads up. Those second hand bicycles near Jiu Yan Qiao are stolen ones.

Participant

Charlie, are you still looking for a bike?

I have an old one that you can have for free.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Charlie, are you still looking for a bike?

I have an old one that you can have for free.

Yes! That sounds great. I’ll get in touch.

Participant

Can someone explain where the bicycles are sold at Jiu Yan Qiao? I’ve been there quite a few times, but never saw any bikes being sold. Is it some side street somewhere?

yes,side street~

and sometimes there will be one going byside and ask:do u want a bike? that one is the saler.however, in most cases you have to know Sichuan dialect~

Participant

@Vincent NL, yes definitely a small side street on the north side of the bridge on the east side of first ring road. If you go there to the corner of first ring road and ShunJiang Lu (顺江路) by the pedestrian overpass someone is certain to ask you if you want to buy a bike (买车、mai che). They will take you down a little alley away from first ring road and there are a ton of small “shops” i.e. rooms with bikes for sale. Shop around (more than one room) and bargain hard.

Participant

It’s more like an alley than a street, yeah. When you’re on the bridge over the water with Shangri-La to your left, it’s just accross the street on your right. Next to the pedestrian bridge. And they’re not shops, they’re more like old garages with some people hanging out in front of them. Each of those things has probably like 2 or 3 stolen bikes in them. If you take ur time you’ll probably find something that floats your boat!

Participant

I found it, although the bikes weren’t what I was looking for. Mainly mountainbikes and some small girlish bikes.

Also the price wasn’t as cheap as I was hoping for. Instead I went to a normal shop and bought one of the fixed neon coloured bikes.

Participant
    Quote:
    neon coloured bikes

I’ve seen a few in the bike shops on first ring road between 玉林北路 and 芳草街. What color did you get, how much did you pay?

Participant

yes, think that’s where I bought it.

they have 2 types. 1 for around 1500 and the other 1880 which is lighter and has some small extra’s. You can mix and match the different colours.

I chose a white frame and steering wheel with orange wheels and saddle to keep it in the colour of Holland 🙂

With it you can actually cycle backwards, but that was quite annoying, because the paddles can’t “rest” and will always be moving if the bike if moving. So I asked them to put the chain on the other axel (how to say that?) which was easily done.

Participant
    Quote:
    So I asked them to put the chain on the other axel (how to say that?) which was easily done.

Most call it a flip-flop hub, which makes it easy to switch from a fixed gear to a single speed.

If you’re interested in getting together for a ride sometime, send me a pm.

Participant

Klinkt als een belachelijke fiets, Vincent 😉

Participant
    Quote:
    Klinkt als een belachelijke fiets, Vincent 😉

🙂

@ justin,

I can pick it up this weekend, so maybe an afternoon or weekend would be nice to go for a ride. What kind of bike do you have?

Participant

Afternoon or weekend works for me, I have a generic fixed gear that I bought online last year.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 27 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.